Beaumont People LEAD Mentoring Program - Applications are now open!
Lead, Empower, Aspire and Develop
At Beaumont People, we exist to connect people with organisations that empower them to do meaningful work and to create more opportunities for meaningful work in Australia. We believe in placing people first. It’s how we work with our clients and candidates. It’s the way we contribute to the communities in which we are involved. It’s the focus on ensuring our people thrive, not just succeed. This is what sets us apart.
In line with our purpose and people-centred ethos, we are committed to reinvesting back into our clients and the sectors we operate in by way of our Beaumont People LEAD Mentoring Program.
Having run the program for two years for the Charity sector, we are proud to have supported 76 charity professionals in their development as a leader. This has allowed us the opportunity to gather insights into the needs of mentees and mentors, to further enhance our program in line with today’s needs.
This year we are offering a hybrid mix of online training and development with access to mentee and mentor resources at your fingertips; as well as a series of exclusive networking events, featuring today’s biggest business influencers.
Our program is open to leaders across all industries and we welcome applications without regard to age, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
The purpose of LEAD
LEAD is specifically a leadership mentoring program created to invest in leaders, to enable them to enhance and build leadership awareness and capabilities, and to help foster relationships across the sector in which they operate.
This program is all about guiding and growing your leadership skills, either as a mentor or as someone being mentored – the ‘mentee’. It’s a mix of online training, 1:1 practical mentoring sessions and getting together with other members of the program to share experiences and learn from each other.
The Beaumont People LEAD Mentoring Program is complimentary!
A mentoring program would normally cost participants in excess of $8,000. As part of our purpose and corporate social responsibility strategy, the Beaumont People LEAD Mentoring Program is being offered complimentary to all mentors and successful mentee applicants.
There is a small one-off set-up fee of $49 (excl. GST) for all mentees, excluding those working for a registered charity. This will only be invoiced if your application as a mentee is successful.
Benefits for you as a Mentee
- Receiving feedback, developmental guidance and support in your leadership role and sector
- Identifying professional growth and career planning
- Exposure to new ideas and ways of thinking
- Advice on developing strengths and overcoming weaknesses
- The opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge.
Benefits for you as a Mentor
- Help shape the leaders of tomorrow and in return pick up some skills that are beneficial to you e.g. fresh perspectives, ideas and approaches
- Gain the intrinsic reward of helping others and the satisfaction in having made a positive influence on another’s life
- Opportunity to contribute back to the sector/s you have worked in
- Enhance your leadership and soft skills, reinforce valuable leadership lessons and refine your own thinking
- Increase your personal networks, increase your profile and that of your organisation
- Stay abreast of emerging issues relevant to the sector/s you have worked in.
Who is LEAD best suited to?
To be considered as a Mentee, it is understood that you have:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience within a leadership role
- Experience managing two direct reports or volunteers
- No intention of leaving your current employer (voluntarily) in the next 12 months.
To be considered as a Mentor, it is understood that you have:
A minimum of 7 years' leadership experience
Experience managing minimum 2 direct reports or volunteers
No intention of leaving your current employer (voluntarily) in the next 12 months.
When does LEAD run?
The program will run from February 2020 until November 2020. Important dates to note:
- Applications open from late November 2019 – 15th, January 2020
- Mentors and Mentees will be matched and introduced by the end of January 2020
- Kick-off event Tuesday, 11th February 2020 in Sydney and 18th February 2020 in Byron Bay
- It is a requirement that all participants commit fully to the entire 10-month program.
For more information, download the LEAD Information Pack here.