Prefer audio only? Have a listen by clicking on the link below:
At Beaumont People, we have a poster displayed in our office to remind us of the importance of a growth mindset. I am going to share with you today the 10 little reminders you can use daily.
1. Accept opportunities that push you out of your comfort zone – remember challenges are chances to grow. The more you do, the more you learn.
2. You don't know what you don't know – so don’t be afraid to ask questions!
3. Appreciate obstacles. Although getting through the obstacle may be tricky - growth comes from struggle.
4. Mistakes are an important part of the process.
5. Skills are built, not born. They're yours if you work for them.
6. Choose to learn well, over learning fast.
7. Reward efforts and actions, not traits.
(Don't praise intelligence; but praise perseverance, effort, and improvement.)
8. Don't be threatened by feedback and criticism - use it to support you in your learning instead.
9. Always reflect on what you've learned.
10. And lastly, one of my favourites, Persevere. Just because you haven't seen change, doesn't mean you won't. Stick at it.