Lead NFP Mentoring Program
At Beaumont People, we believe in leading with people. It’s how we work with clients and candidates. It’s the way we contribute to the communities in which we are involved. It’s the focus on ensuring our staff thrive, not just succeed. This is what sets us apart.
A specialist charity division was established in 2009, providing recruitment services to charities and not-for-profits at a significantly reduced cost. Since its establishment, we are proud to have saved charities over 250 charities $17 million in recruitment fees allowing charities to spend their money, where it is most needed; the delivery of programs and services.
In line with our own for purpose model, we are committed to reinvesting any surplus back into our clients and the charity sector. In the past, we have provided corporate sponsorship, volunteers and hosted industry events. In addition to these initiatives, LEAD NFP (Lead, Empower, Aspire and Develop) has been designed to allow us to tangibly invest in and support the sector, in the best way we know how – the development of people.
The purpose of LEAD NFP
The purpose of LEAD NFP is to invest in aspiring leaders across the charity sector. It has been established to enable charity leaders to enhance and build leadership awareness, capability and to help foster relationships across the charity sector.
This program is the first of its kind, offered by Beaumont People, in line with our mission to place people first and to facilitate the next generation of talent within the charity sector.
Benefits for you as a mentee
- Enhanced leadership capability through formal training, meetings and practical mentoring sessions
- Fast tracked learning and development in a personalised, practical setting – gaining from the mentor’s expertise
- Receive constructive feedback in key areas, such as communication, interpersonal relationships, technical abilities, change management and leadership skills
- Learn specific skills and knowledge relevant to personal goals
- Have a friendly ear with whom to share frustrations as well as successes.
Benefits for you as a mentor
- Networking opportunities with other mentors at a similar or more senior level
- Opportunity to learn from your mentee and hear feedback that your direct reports may not give such as communication, interpersonal relationships, technical abilities, change management and leadership skills
- Broaden industry knowledge through your networking and mentee, understand other organisations in your sector and how they perform
- Build your profile as a supporter of career progression and development within the industry.
Benefits for you as a charity
- Build the leadership capability within your organisation
- Build coaching and mentoring capability to be leveraged internally e.g. Mentees coming through the program could mentor internally
- Demonstrate how your organisation invests in its people by actively and openly supporting their career growth
- Build a strong corporate culture that attracts talent
- Position your brand as an employer of choice.
LEAD NFP has been developed in conjunction with Leading Well Group, a leadership consulting and coaching firm who also specialize in systemic mentoring programs for enterprise and industry.
It is designed to provide charity leaders with an opportunity to learn from peers within the industry to develop leadership, communication and decision making, amongst other business skills.
This 12 month program is all about guiding and growing your leadership skills, either as a mentor or as someone being mentored – the ‘mentee’. It’s a mix of formal training, practical mentoring sessions and getting together with other members of the program to share experiences and learn from each other.
How does it work?
Participants are matched together based on their goals, objectives and professional background. They will meet on a regular basis over the year to discuss & plan how to actualise these goals. Participants are given the required skills through an initial induction training session and are guided through the course of the year with facilitated sessions.
All participants will be fully supported throughout the program. Both Mentors and Mentees will be given training at the beginning of the program, and will be required to attend quarterly workshops to share, learn and evolve as a mentor/mentee. All participants will be required to meet for a minimum of 1.5 hours every 4 weeks.
For more information or to receive an application form, please see our website: www.beaumontpeople.com.au or contact the Charity Team on 02 9093 4911. Please note that spaces are limited.
Who is LEAD NFP best suited to?
LEAD NFP is for all leaders, no matter where you are on your leadership journey.
The program will consist of 3 groups of 12 mentors and 12 mentees, selected and matched by a panel of industry experts to ensure that every participant is able to gain the most value possible from the program.
To be considered as a Mentee, it is understood that you have:
- At least 12 months of experience within a leadership role
- Are currently working within a charity
- We also stipulate that mentees should not change their position (voluntarily) throughout the course of the program.
To be considered as a Mentor, it is understood that you have:
- At least 3 years of experience within a senior leadership rol
- Hold a management role within a charity.
What investment is required?
A professional mentorship program would normally cost in excess of $8,000 per participant.
This year, in order to offer the program to more than one group which will provide this opportunity to more aspiring leaders, there will be a cost involved for participating mentees. With the financial support of Beaumont, this cost is capped at $499 per mentee for the entire year which we hope makes it both an affordable and achievable amount for your charity to invest in your leadership development.
There is no cost involved for mentors.
It is a requirement that all participants commit fully to the whole 12 month program.
When does LEAD NFP run?
LEAD NFP is a 12 month program. Dates for 2018 program have yet to be released.
About Leading Well
Leading Well is a boutique leadership consulting and coaching firm which recognises that it is no longer enough to improve surface-level leadership skills without ensuring that the foundations on which they are introduced are as strong and healthy as possible.
They offer the highest standards in leadership development, cultural and strategic facilitation and wellness mentoring programme design. However, they believe that to be at the leading edge means building on a strong groundwork of personal awareness, wellbeing and capability.
Leaders who focus on the wellness of their team build creative environments where innovation thrives. Leading Well differs from its competitors because it takes a whole system approach.
By focusing on wellness and leadership together, Leading Well can help you build a thriving workforce with a shared vision and purpose.
For more information, please go to their website https://leadingwellgroup.com.au