- Full-time Permanent
- Fantastic company culture
- Great Sydney, CBD location
If successful you will be joining one of the coolest companies in the Sydney CBD. What do we classify as COOL you say? Well, if you believe that your actions should always speak louder than words - it’s a match. Maybe you define Meaningful Work as making a positive impact on others around you while delivering on your promises (again it is a match).
We are looking for a Systems Engineer who wants to join a rapidly growing IT team that will allow you to use your blend of advanced technical experience, strategic business prowess and project management skills to support the day to day IT operations but also formulate and be accountable for the direction of the business.. Like what you are reading? Then keep going...
A little about you...
- University degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Proven employment of at least 6+ years in a similar role
- Good understanding of the ITIL and LEAN-IT processes
- Be a self-starter and tenacious
- Stay Calm under pressure and take control in challenging situations.
- Have excellent knowledge of Windows desktops, Windows Server and Linux operating system, shell scripting, tools and utilities (such as Python, Perl or PowerShell).
- Be ready and able to manage incidents
You will also require excellent knowledge and experience with…
- Virtualization platforms such as VMware and Hyper-V
- Public cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Compute Engine
- Enterprise storage architectures covering file, block and object storage
- Supporting Office365 (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Skype for Business)
- Cyber Security and its impact upon the business
- Procurement and Asset Management experience
- Be comfortable and have experience supporting iOS and Android devices
- Software and Operating System deployment (PDQDeploy, WDS or similar)
This role will suit an up and coming Engineer wanting to learn and grow into a Senior Engineer or Infrastructure Architect (Is that you?), it would also suit an established Engineer looking for a rewarding long term career with the opportunity for growth along side the business.
What you'll be doing (this is pretty cool) ...
- Perform system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and escalating issues, including proactive problem resolution
- Reduce operational risk and improve availability of the server infrastructure
- Develop, maintain, and perform operational procedures and ensure operational tasks are performed to reduce the risk of unplanned outages
- Evaluate new system hardware and software solutions and monitor the market for emerging technology
- Collect and analyse operational data (especially incident and change records) to identify emerging trends and log problem to increased server availability
- Perform maintenance and upgrades on the operating systems to maintain support, while ensuring the service levels of the applications hosted on these instances are maintained
- Take an ownership role in the development of solutions by designing, implementing, documenting and managing systems through their lifecycle
- Ensure incidents are effectively managed and root cause solutions implemented
- Ensure timely incident management in line with SLAs of the business
If this sounds like you APPLY TODAY.
For a confidential chat about this role feel free to contact Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org