- Sustainable Packaging & Labelling Lead Officer
- NFP Member Association
- Permanent, Full-time position
- Sydney CBD- WFH & WFO
The Australian Packaging Covenant of Australia (APCO) is a co-regulatory, not-for-profit organisation partnering with governments and industries to reduce the environmental impact of packaging.
APCO aims to change the culture of business and educate consumers through the implementation of unique projects and programs and the subsequent promotion of sustainable packaging activities including sustainable design, recycling initiatives, waste to landfill reduction, and circular economy. As a collective, we can all make a difference to the environment.
Have you ever noticed the recycling information on a packet of biscuits, chips, or lollies? APCO designed this and it’s called the Australian Recycling Label (ARL) Program! It’s a simple and easy-to-read recycling label that is now used on many household items by big brands such as Coles and Woolworths to help consumers (like us) recycle properly. This is just one of the programs APCO has created and successfully manage in line with the 2025 packaging targets.
About the person
We are partnering with APCO to recruit a proactive and experienced Sustainable Packaging & Labelling Officer to develop and execute strategic sustainability projects.
Industry experience in sustainable packaging, stakeholder engagement, and labelling are highly regarded.
As the Sustainable Packaging & Labelling Officer, you will lead, supervise, and support the delivery of programs relating to labelling and sustainable packaging in accordance with APCO’s strategic commitments and the government’s 2025 packaging targets.
You will have the ability to understand technical applications and integrate it into operational projects and strategies.
- Develop & deliver the ARL & Sustainable Packaging Programs
- Work with a team to manage program activities within the context of APCO operations
- Manage operations and activities efficiently to ensure they align with the ARL & Sustainable Packaging Programs to drive targets
- Develop program structures and partnerships to meet key program objectives
- Support the CEO to explore & research opportunities for the ARL and Sustainable Packaging Program
- Work closely with the CFO to manage and monitor the budget and team operations
- Contribute to developing the organisation’s business and strategic plan
- Develop, monitor, and report on the organisation’s progress in meeting its KPIs
- Advanced experience and understanding of sustainability, labelling, product stewardship, and packaging
- Extensive experience with stakeholder engagement
- Leadership experience overseeing multiple programs, with a sustainability focus
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Experience managing a high-performing team and complex stakeholder environments
- Ability to resolve complex and sensitive issues within critical timeframes
- Knowledge of program planning, organizational structure, budgeting, and operations
- Experience in the delivery of labelling and/or sustainable packaging programs is desirable.
- Strong business development skills and experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Your role will be instrumental in managing projects, programs, and strategies that will shape the future of packaging and its effects on the environment.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please APPLY now! Alternatively, contact Alyssa or Louise on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Please disclose your desired remuneration package in your submitted Resume or Cover Letter.