- Project Officer - Sustainability, Packaging, Food & Beverage
- Australian Beverage Council
- Key role in progressing the industry’s environmental and sustainability agenda
- Full time 12-month maternity cover contract
- $100K + super
- Collaborative and inclusive culture that truly values work-life balance
Our client is the peak body representing the refreshment beverages industry (non alcoholic). Their members are companies involved in manufacture, franchise, and the distribution of products, as well as those who supply and provide service to the industry itself.
They significantly represent and consult with the sector in a number of areas (where this role is key) including marketing and advertising regulations, labelling reviews, dietary guidelines, consumer choice, environment management and sustainability, container deposit schemes, health and nutrition information, water resources, ingredients, taxation and much more.
This is a dynamic, varied, and hands-on role responsible for progressing the environmental and sustainability agenda of the organisation through deep collaboration and close alignment with Member organisations, and key stakeholders such as government, regulators, communities, media, NGOs and consumers.
You will be accountable for managing and delivering a suite of priority workstreams designed to elevate the industry’s proactive and progressive management of environmental challenges to ensure both the organisation's and industry's reputation continues to be well respected in a range of forums.
To be considered, you will possess the following:
- A strategic mindset and relevant experience in driving and delivering sustainability programs/initiatives ideally within the food or beverage sector
- An understanding of the issues, nuances and objectives of the circular economy and Australia’s sustainable packaging future
- Strong relationship management skills with an ability to influence, persuade and build confidence and trust across a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Well-developed analysis and critical thinking skills to identify a range of information and options when evaluating issues
- A high level of drive and ownership for delivering programs and initiatives
- An ability to take a broad perspective and examine the implications of a particular situation in terms of the wider sector context
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Knowledge of the beverage supply chain and Container Deposit/ Refund schemes
- Prior experience working with industry stakeholders such as APCO