- Based in North Ryde, parking onsite
- Relationship management and people focus role
Our client is a not for profit organisation, based in North Ryde, they exist to improve the quality of life of all their clients. Their focus is to provide high quality services across NSW to potential and existing clients.
The Support Group Coordinator is responsible for communicating with and coordinating the needs of Support Groups in NSW to ensure the provision of information and support to improve outcomes for their clients. As the go to person for the Support Groups, you will be required to travel to different groups and coordinate their yearly Support Group Conference.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintain regular contact, including phone, email and personal visits, with Support Group Leaders
- Respond to the needs of the Support Groups in a timely manner through the provision of information, advice or referral to the best supports
- Assisting Support Group leaders, with matters such as planning group meetings, training, educational activities, maintaining membership and data
- Coordinate the yearly Support Group conference
- Develop an engagement and Support Group strategy relevant to their needs
- Ensure the needs of the Support Groups are relevant to the organisation’s strategic direction and within set budgets.
- Maintain current records of support groups and their executive team
- Prepare and contribute to monthly board reports.
- Assist existing groups to retain and build membership
The requirements of the role include:
- Expectation that there may be out of hours work i.e. after 5pm and weekend
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with professionals and community members
- Ability to effectively deal with sensitive and complex matters
- You will have a NSW driver’s license and a car
- A background in social work, health, NFP, HR or community engagement is desirable
- Intermediate – advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills
The successful candidate will have strong engagement skills, display confidence and empathy and work within a collaborative and professional team to provide a high quality service to all stakeholders.
How to apply
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please apply with a cover letter outlining your previous experience and the reason for your application along with your full resume. If you have any further question please contact Rhonda Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no closing date for this role, all applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be contacted.