Shearwater is committed to the continued development of a flourishing school based on the teachings of Rudolf Steiner. They strive to honour the unique spirit of each child, creating a physical, social and spiritual environment in which to cultivate that child’s inner life of imagination, creativity and enthusiasm for academic challenge and physical activity.
To provide quality administrative assistance to support the accurate recording and retention of student data across the School. Hours are 8am - 4pm or 8.30am - 4.30pm, Mon - Fri.
Your key accountabilities are divided into two parts, Student Administration and Reception duties.
Student Administration Duties
- Maintain the student database for current and new students, including data entry, data cleansing and generating reports
- Daily entry of student rolls and exemption from attendance to the student database
- Prepare student rolls on Term basis
- Ensure student files are current, accurate and up to date
- Provide general administrative support to Enrolments Coordinator as directed
- Provide general administration support to the team
- Archive of office files in line with Retention Schedule
- Provide administrative support for special events and festivals including Spring Fair and WAVE
- Provide administrative support to teachers in collation of School Reports
- Other office support duties as directed
You will provide back up support to the School Receptionist 3 days per week or when required. This is a very important role as you will be the first point of contact for all visitors, students, parents and teachers. You will greet visitors and respond to all front desk general enquiries, both in person and on the phone, maintain the Visitor Register and Student Sign In/Out Register, along with processing receipt fees and other payments
Key Selection Criteria
Well developed written and verbal communication skills, including a pleasant and professional telephone manner ideally within a similar school environment
- Organised, with strong attention to detail, accurate data entry of records and the ability to work well under pressure
- Good computer skills, preferably in a Mac environment, using database, word processing, spreadsheet and email packages
- Demonstrated understanding of a School Management software programme and/or experience with “Sentral”
- Capacity to work effectively as part of the office group within a School environment
- Experience in, and/or an understanding of Steiner education
- A Current First Aid Certificate would be highly regarded along with demonstrated experience in administering First Aid
Beaumont People have been retained exclusively to recruit this role, please refer all enquiries to Justine at Beaumont People.