Strategic Communications Officer
- Association making a huge impact in the lives of girls and young women
- Champion various communications projects for a broad range of stakeholders
- Based in Surry Hills with hybrid working opportunities available
A not-for-profit membership body focused on empowering girls and young women to grow into confident, self-respected and responsible community members. This association gives girls access to a variety of activities to develop life-long skills whilst building long lasting friendships.
About the Role:
The Strategic Communications Officer will be responsible for planning and executing the Association’s communications with internal and external stakeholders to strategically drive membership growth, build awareness, and foster a culture that represents the Association’s mission and values.
You will work within a small team reporting directly to the Marketing and Communications Manager. In this role you will plan, develop, and implement digital communications including social media content, blogs and eDM’s, as well as written publications, PR activities and crisis management.
About the Person:
You are a real storyteller, creative with your words and passionate about fostering engagement with an audience through strategic written and visual communications. You will have superb attention to detail and editing skills.
The ideal candidate must be proactive, able to manage competing priorities and thrive by working collaboratively with a fast-paced team.
- Develop and implement communication (internal and external) plans, inclusive of PR, digital and social media to support the Association with the successful delivery of all key milestones and objectives
- Develop media materials including messaging, Q&A, media releases, pitch documents and fact sheets for all media initiatives
- Maintain the website to ensure content is user-centric, accessible, engaging and relevant
- Track all media related to the Association and prepare monthly media reports
- Develop and coordinate the production and delivery of communications including, e-newsletters, event promotions, annual reports, brochures, and welcome packs
- Liaise with suppliers including production staff, designers, printers and distributors to coordinator the production of digital and print materials and publications
- Work with internal departments to support on strategic projects where communication input is required
Knowledge and Experience:
- A tertiary qualification in marketing, public relations, and/or communication
- Outstanding written communication skills and proofing
- Demonstrable experience in developing communications across a range of platforms and for varied audiences
- Understanding of shared, owned, earned and paid channels
- An eye for detail and an ability to create engaging content
- Strong ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Strong coordination skills to manage multiple key tasks at any one time
- An interest in working for a NFP association
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role therefore please direct all enquiries to Kristina Lesko at Beaumont People on email@example.com or call 02 9093 4911.
Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis.