Senior Strategist - Australian Gas
- Small yet passionate team with an oversized impact to solve the climate crisis
- Location is flexible across Australia with remote working opportunities available
As the Senior Strategist you will work in collaboration with the organisation’s gas team and key partners to develop and implement campaigns to protect Australia’s environment from the expansion of gas mining and exports.
About the Candidate:
You are creative, a big picture thinker and fearless in pursuing campaign goals. You have a strong understanding of what it takes to build power to achieve social change. You have experience working with civil society groups or social movements to strengthen and scale campaigns.
You are skilled at identifying the interventions that are needed to push decision-makers, in business and/ or politics, and have a knack for problem solving. You may not have experience in gas or climate roles, but you are a quick learner and can demonstrate experience engaging with technical detail to develop campaign strategies that have achieved real-world impact.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Program Director and key campaign partners to lead the development of compelling strategies that support our campaign goals
- Drive and support the wider movement’s work to challenge new gas proposals, including raising understanding of the climate, financial, legal and reputational risks of new gas projects
- Build relationships with and provide campaigns advice to movement partners to help them run high impact campaigns to prevent new gas projects
- Identify and address priority movement needs for capacity building or training
- Other tasks as required, including contributing to broader strategy development and work of the Sunrise gas team
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing campaign strategies that have achieved real-world change
- Previous experience in organising and in scaling up campaigns
- Strong stakeholder engagement
- Strong communications skills
- A passion for action on climate change and a commitment to social justice
Are you ready to drive social change and prevent the climate crisis? If so APPLY now as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
This role can be worked remotely therefore we are accepting applications across Australia.
Alternatively, contact Kristina 02 9093 4911 or Kristina@beaumontpeople.com.au for more information.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.