Refugee Advice and Casework Service (RACS) is an independent Community Legal Centre. It has been protecting the human rights of people seeking asylum in Australia since 1987 by providing free legal support.
RACS’ dedicated lawyers, experienced in human rights law, are committed to ensuring that vulnerable people who have fled from persecution and seeking protection in Australia, gain access to equal and fair representation before the law. RACS is the only dedicated organisation in NSW providing legal support at no cost to people seeking asylum.
Justice and dignity for refugees
Advocate for fair laws and fair treatment for refugees
Compassion, Integrity, Fairness, Respect
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
The Senior Marketing & Communications Officer is responsible for devising and implementing a broad marketing and communications strategy working in close collaboration with the CEO and Fundraising Manager to raise the profile of RACS and support growth in both awareness and fundraising income.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a Marketing and Communications Strategy
- Initiate opportunities to proactively promote and build the profile of RACS
- Use multi-channels including social media for advocacy, events, fundraising appeals and general communication with stakeholders and supporters.
- Deliver innovative and targeted marketing and communications material
- Develop written and digital content including videos, newsletters, blog articles, brochures.
- Manage content uploads, system updates and analytics gathering from online content platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Manage website updates and maintenance
- Initiate media opportunities and respond to media enquiries
- Work with staff to write effective client stories to be used in marketing material.
Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- You are personable, energetic and a self-starter with diverse marketing and communications experience and demonstrated success in a similar role ideally within a not for profit / fundraising organisation
- In the spirit of quality communication, you have demonstrated experience in being a storyteller who is able to craft stories that are emotive, real and relatable and which move the reader into taking action.
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Mailchimp and CRM systems (preferably Salesforce)
- Demonstrated knowledge of website maintenance with platforms such as Word Press
- An understanding of and passion for refugee issues
Please apply online with a covering letter and resume outlining your interest and suitability. Applications will be assessed as they are received. For more information call Janine Birch, Senior Consultant, Beaumont People on 02 9093 4911.