To ensure that ReachOut Australia achieves its vision of helping young people be happy and well. You will develop and deliver ReachOut’s portfolio of direct services including online peer-support forums for young people experiencing or at risk of mental health difficulties , as well as 1:1 teleweb coaching for parents, delivered in partnership with The Benevolent Society. Through this role, you will ensure that ReachOut’s direct service portfolio is based on best practice in mental health and wellbeing, is underpinned by robust risk management frameworks.
Service design, development and delivery :-
- Drive the delivery of ReachOut’s online mental health support for young people and parents, involving a range of key stakeholders (including ReachOut staff, young people, parents and sector partners)
- Lead the strategy and development of ReachOut’s online peer support communities and teleweb coaching service
- Work with the participatory research team to collaborate with young people and parents to create innovative ideas for new and existing services
- Collaborate with the Research team to translate ReachOut’s program logics into activities that can be measured and assessed, ensuring that the services delivered are evidence-based and effective
- Manage the online community team to ensure they are delivering high-quality support through our online peer support programs
- Support the Director of Service Delivery to establish and manage relationships and sector partnerships that support program delivery
- Accountability for ReachOut’s duty of care framework and risk prevention and management systems, including continuous improvement of protocols and procedures
- Manage and provide leadership to ReachOut’s Support Group – the staff group responsible for implementing the duty of care framework
- Liaise with and manage ReachOut’s Clinical Advisory Group, to seek external expertise on best practice and service improvements relating to delivering online mental health services
- Support the Director of Service Delivery to engage with the mental health teleweb sector to share and implement best-practice service delivery in an online environment
- Align activities across ReachOut’s functional teams to deliver contractual obligations for the ReachOut Parents program
- Manage contracts, budgets and report regularly to the funder (DSS) and other relevant stakeholders (internal and external)
- Present and report on the effectiveness of ReachOut’s direct services to stakeholders (internal and external)
- Work with the Marketing team to provide strategic input into the direction of reach and engagement activities
- Work with the Fundraising team to raise the profile of ReachOut’s direct services and identify opportunities for philanthropic fundraising proposals
- Work with the Director of Government Relations to raise the profile of ReachOut’s direct services across Government
To be successful in this role you will have –
- A degree in a mental health related field (e.g. psychology, social work, youth work).
- Experience in program strategy and managing mental health support programs.
- Experience providing support to young people experiencing mental health difficulties and/or their parents, using a strengths/recovery-based approach.
- Experience in developing and implementing risk prevention and management procedures as they relate to mental health service delivery.
- A passion and commitment to the delivery of services via digital and mobile technologies.
- Experience in building and managing external relationships and partners.
- A commitment to ReachOut Australia’s values and behaviours including working in partnership with young people.
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed on receipt so please send your application ASAP if you are interested in this role.