Senior Events Manager
- Lead a high performing and passionate events team who embody the C.A.R.I.N.G values in all that they do
- A charity on a trajectory of growth as they continue to raise vital funds for cancer research
- Based in Frenchs Forest with flexibility to work from home
Through their magical, challenging, and inspirational events, Tour de Cure raises vital funds to support the boldest research, the most talented scientists and the ground-breaking projects that will have the biggest impact in the fight to cure cancer.
From humble beginnings in 2007, the Tour de Cure community has grown to become a national movement of thousands of people, walking, running, riding and swimming to raise awareness and inspire support in the dream of a world without cancer.
About the Opportunity:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Events Manager to join Tour de Cure to lead a hard-working and vibrant events team.
In this role you will also be expected to manage and deliver a portfolio of physical fundraising events (runs, walks and cycles) where you will be involved in the logistics, relationship management and executive of events. You will inspire people in the community to raise funds for life-changing programs and bring forward new ideas to grow the events program.
About the Person:
The ideal candidate will have experience in people management and know just how to get the best out of people. You will be someone who enjoys rolling up you sleeves to get the job done, whilst managing multiple competing priorities. Previous experience of management on the move and multi day events would be highly beneficial.
This role is heavily focused on managing various stakeholder relationships; therefore, diplomacy and strong interpersonal skills is a must!
You must have a drive to work for a purpose driven organisation and demonstrate Tour de Cure’s values; courage, achieve, respect, inclusive, nurturing, growing.
- Manage and guide the Events team with scoping of event’s logistics, activations, and experiential components
- Identify and deliver best practices to streamline event activities and procedures to increase efficiencies
- Full budget management responsibility across your events portfolio
- Manage and communicate briefs to other parts of the organisation i.e. Finance, Marketing, Corporate Partnerships, etc to ensure good communications and flow of information
- Actively seek innovative ways to improve Event products and processes
- Manage the Event team’s pre-tour planning in Identifying, recruitment of, or booking of all resources required for each event
- Coach and motivate staff, maintaining a positive team morale
- Build and maintain strong relationships with supplier’s and industry bodies
- Close off all events – logistics, budgets, and reports
- Brief and manage volunteers and support crew
- This role will work closely with TdC’s Finance, Corporate & Partnerships teams, and the Tour Experience Committee.
- Previous experience as an Events Manager
- People management experience
- Proven experience in the delivery of events end to end
- Ability to partner and engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience working with CRM’s and the Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience setting and managing budgets
- Superior planning and project management skills
- A real passion working for a charity that is making a difference
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role therefore please direct all enquiries to Kristina Lesko at Beaumont People on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9093 4911.
Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis