Senior Data Analyst
- Based in the heart of Canberra
- Full-time permanent opportunity
- Paying $86,723 - $91,157 + 17% Super
Based in Australia’s Capital city of Canberra, the Australian National University (ANU) is a globally recognised leader within the education sector. The University’s focus on excellence in research and education ensures their graduates are not only in demand the world-over, but also well-prepared to address complex contemporary challenges.
Joining a team committed to excellence in research, education and public policy development, this position will sit within the Australian National University Advancement Office (ADV) which leads the development, management and coordination of advancement activities within the University. ADV supports the University’s objectives to deepen relationships with alumni and secure long-term philanthropic income.
DUTIES OF THE ROLE
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for the technical design, implementation and continuous improvement of a comprehensive reporting suite for Advancement’s Client Relationships Management (CRM) system, Raiser’s Edge.
- Engage and collaborate with ANU ADV staff and across ANU to understand technical data, segmentation and reporting needs. Design and deploy reports on the platform appropriate to the needs of various stakeholders. Conduct workshops, focus groups, deliver presentations and training based on the above functionality and knowledge
- Undertake the development and delivery of a comprehensive reporting framework aligned to the CRM system. Contribute to the development of team processes and practices to ensure consistent quality of deliverables regarding provision of data and reports
- Review, identify and recommend improvements to the system infrastructure and provide strategic and technical advice enabling effective data provision and reporting to all stakeholders. Contribute to the development, review and implementation of strategic planning, best practice policy development and decision-making process
- Comply with all ANU policies and procedures, and in particular those relating to WH&S and equal opportunity
The ideal candidate for this position will have great technical and organisational skills accompanied with an analytical mindset.
- A University Degree within a relevant field and experience, reporting experience in an advancement setting would be an advantage and extensive experience within the Raiser’s Edge CRM
- Proven experience in developing and managing CRMs and databases and associated reporting tools such as Cognos, SSRS or similar
- Numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills, high attention to detail, ability to use initiative, great problem-solving skills, and the ability to collect, analyse, interpret and make recommendations based on data
- The ability to work both autonomously and within a team
The culture within the Advancement team is values driven, leading to the unique history of the University. The benefits of working for the University are:
- Professional and collaborative work environment
- Excellent remuneration and benefit packages
- 17% superannuation contributions annual leave loading
- Salary sacrificing options for cars, parking, technology, childcare and more
- Christmas and New Year leave in addition to annual leave
- Parking on campus that is less expensive than city parking
If this role is of interest, please submit your resume below. If you have any further questions about this role, please call Claire at 02 9279 2777.