Senior Communications Strategist – Australian Gas
- Small yet passionate team with an oversized impact to solve the climate crisis
- Location is flexible across Australia with remote working opportunities available
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real impact and to help prevent catastrophic climate change. Working with an internal team of strategists and analysts, and a network of campaign partners, your work will enable us to change the story on gas, building an understanding that gas is an emissions-intensive fossil fuel.
You will co-develop and implement communications tactics to prevent the expansion of gas mining and exports, bringing your communication nous to help bust the false narrative that gas is necessary for the Australian economy.
You will provide strategic communications advice that will heighten the media impact of community groups and campaign partners to deliver key messaging.
About the Candidate:
You have a passion for climate justice and a deep commitment to work with and empower others to learn, grow and act to prevent climate change!
You are an experienced communications professional with a robust understanding of Australia’s economic and political systems. You are a big picture thinker who knows both how to create a compelling narrative and to make impactful interventions to breaking stories.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Program Director and key campaign partners to lead the development of compelling communication strategies that support our campaign goals
- Drive and support rapid response with partners to breaking stories, including developing and socialising messaging guides and other material
- Build relationships with and offer communications advice to partners to support them run high impact campaigns
- Establish and maintain relationships with key relevant journalists
- Manage and implement major communications projects, including audience research as required
- Identify and address priority needs for partners for capacity building or training
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing communications strategies that have achieved real-world change
- Media relations experience including pitching and landing top-tier media
- An eye for detail and an ability to understand and analyse complex policy issues and communicate them clearly to target audiences
- Strong ability to build meaningful relationships with stakeholders
- High level written, and visual communications skills
- A passion for action on climate change and a commitment to social justice
- Previous experience in gas, coal or other climate campaigns is highly desirable
Are you ready to drive social change and help prevent the climate crisis? If so APPLY NOW as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
This role can be worked remotely therefore we are accepting applications across Australia.
Alternatively, contact Kristina 02 9093 4911 or Kristina@beaumontpeople.com.au for more information.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.