- Based in the heart of Canberra
- Full-time permanent opportunity
- Paying $97,812 - $104,717 + 17% Super
Based in Australia’s Capital city of Canberra, the Australian National University (ANU) is a globally recognised leader within the education sector. The University’s focus on excellence in research and education ensures their graduates are not only in demand the world-over, but also well-prepared to address complex contemporary challenges.
Joining a team committed to excellence in research, education and public policy development, this position will sit within the Australian National University Advancement Office (ADV) which leads the development, management and coordination of advancement activities within the University. ADV supports the University’s objectives to deepen relationships with alumni and secure long-term philanthropic income.
DUTIES OF THE ROLE
The Senior Analyst - Advancement Systems is responsible for the provision of business analytical services to support the maintenance, development and continuous improvement of Advancement’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) and integrated systems.
- Supervise and provide effective leadership to a team that will provide configuration solutions and data integrity and enrichment services to users across the University.
- Ensure that all guidelines and standards are followed, that the team are engaging with professional development networks and knowledge sharing.
- Engage collaboratively with stakeholders to understand their business needs in relation to the CRM system, help review, identify, plan, document and implement improvements to the system infrastructure and solutions that align with business needs. Provide regular progress reports on all assigned work, advice on effort estimation of analysis activities and resource requirements
- Review and identify improvements to the system infrastructure and provide strategic advice, training, workshops, focus groups presentations to all stakeholders about CRM structure and processes.
- Maintain knowledge of data privacy and other relevant legislation and compliance with ANU policies relation to information/data management and be responsible for applying knowledge to system administration functions of the ANU Advancement CRM system.
- Comply with all policies and procedures in particular those relating to WH&S and equal opportunity.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and have the ability to lead a high performing team. They will be organised, proactive, driven and have an analytical mind.
- Demonstrated experience in leading high performing teams with the ability to multi task, prioritise and meet client requirements and deadlines.
- Must have prior systems knowledge with extensive experience with the Raiser’s Edge CRM and relevant University Degree with qualifications and extensive experience as a system analyst in a complex environment.
- Proven technical experience in managing, implementing and maintaining enterprise system/databases, including operational frameworks.
- Numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills, high attention to detail, great use of initiative, the ability to problem solve, collect and analyse data, and be confident in making system recommendations.
- Proven experience in planning and formulating strategies for the development of business solutions and experience in the evaluation, implementation and management of changes to business processes
- A high level of understanding equal opportunity principles and a commitment to these in a university context
The Culture within the University is values driven, leading to the unique history of the University. The staff benefits include;
- Professional and collaborative work environment
- Excellent remuneration and benefits packages
- 17% Superannuation Contributions Annual Leave Loading
- Salary sacrificing options for cars, parking, technology, childcare and more
- Christmas to New Year Leave in addition to Annual Leave
- Parking on campus that is less expensive than city parking
If this role is of interest, please submit your resume below. If you have any further questions about this role, please call Claire at 02 9279 2777.