- Risk & Compliance Officer
- Sydney CBD Location
- $110k + Super
- Full Time, Permanent
- WFH & WFO
The Returned and Services League of Australia New South Wales (RSL NSW) was formed in 1917 and currently has over 30,000 members. RSL NSW is a member-based veterans association that connects veterans and their families to a variety of services, providing support with DVA claims and advocacy, financial and housing assistance, and counseling and community support.
About the Role
The Risk & Compliance Officer will be professional and compassionate and is responsible for ensuring the organisation is compliant with its risk, compliance, insurance and workplace health and safety obligations.
Reporting to the CFO you will support the organisation and its operations through the implementation and ongoing improvement of a strong risk and compliance framework, instilling a compliance-based culture.
About the Candidate
The ideal candidate will have experience in Risk and Compliance ideally within the not-for-profit, member associations, peak body or charity.
As the Risk and Compliance Officer, you will have strong analytical skills and the ability to assess complex issues, determine problems, identify solutions and execute actions.
You will have experience in building strong relationships with key stakeholders including members, volunteers, committees and the Board.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and encourage a strong risk culture within the organisation
- Implementation of the risk management framework, including periodical review and assessment
- Develop and implement appropriate performance indicators and reporting on the effectiveness of the risk management framework
- Development and oversight of a compliance and assurance framework for RSL NSW and its Sub-Branches
- Management of the insurance portfolio including renewals, and management of claims
- Preparation and maintenance of policies and procedures
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the organisation’s business continuity plan and crisis management plan
- Assist in developing fraud control plans and Risk and Compliance reports
- Relevant risk management certification
- Demonstrated experience working with Risk & Compliance frameworks
- Experience managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to understand and interpret regulations and adopt changes as necessary
- Works autonomously and is accountable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding and experience working with volunteers
APPLY NOW or for more information and a copy of the position, description contact Louise or Alyssa on 02 9093 4925 or email email@example.com.