You will be responsible for working with people to implement our person-centred service delivery model to older adults through:
- understanding their needs and purpose in life
- providing support and opportunities for meaningful connection to the community through solidarity
- valuing cultural diversity by recognising the human dignity of every individual
- striving for a community where no one feels alone or isolated
- supporting people at all stages of life to manage difficulties and rediscover their strengths through subsidiarity and participation.
- To support clients in attendance at our centre-based respite through a range of supports that include, assisting with personal hygiene, mobility assistance, activity participation, setting up and supervising activities in accordance with the respite program and following care and support plans as directed by Service Coordinator.
- To ensure that the variety of experiences are offered at centre-based respite to our clients, which are meaningful, designed to suit their interest, strengths and needs. This aims to support client’s independence, well-being and quality of life.
- Key to the success of this role is developing a professional and quality relationship, providing support, encouragement and enhancement of life for the people we support.
- Flexible to travel across several locations in western Sydney.
- Certificate III in Home and Community Care, Disability, Individual Support, Aged Care or Certificate IV in Disability or Ageing Support, or equivalent
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a range of clients and their families and maintain client confidentiality.
- Understanding of aged care and the ability to effectively work with various behaviours.
- Understanding of Aged Care Accreditation Standards
- Current Australian driver’s license
- Reliable, well-maintained, registered and insured vehicle.
- Positive attitude and commitment to tackling challenges.