This is an opportunity to use your process and quality improvement experience to work for a strong Not For Profit organisation and implement positive change. As part of the Business Improvement team, this newly created role will focus on partnering with the business to understand and implement quality related projects.
You will be designing and rolling out new systems to ensure consistent service delivery and compliance with legislation across all of SDN’s service streams.
Main focus of the Quality Projects Manager
- Manage collaborative projects aimed at delivering on SDN’s strategic objectives including the roll out of a new Policy and Procedure system and the implementation of an online quality improvement tool across the business.
- Contribute to the development of SDN’s governance framework including the Risk Management Framework, Policies & Procedures and quality management tools and documentation.
- Investigate and analyse business problems to inform the design of continuous improvement tools and deliver solutions that are intuitive, efficient and user centric.
- Provide information, training and ongoing support to ensure internal stakeholders are equipped with the knowledge and skills to maintain and adhere to quality systems.
Skills and experience required to be successful
- Experience in Process Improvement, Quality or Compliance
- In depth experience in continuous improvement and a strong commercial accumen
- Project management and stakeholder management experience
- Working With Children’s Check clearing number
- A high degree of confidence communicating and influencing diverse stakeholders
- Advanced skills across the Microsoft Office suite and other computer systems
- Self led, organized and outcomes focused
How to apply
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please apply with your full resume. If you have any further question please contact Rhonda Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no closing date for this role, all applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be contacted. Beaumont People have been retained to recruit this position, please direct all enquiries to Rhonda at Beaumont People.