- Darlinghurst, city location, close to Kings Cross station and other public transport
- Competitive salary packaging
- State of the art offices and high performing team
About the Garvan Research Foundation
Garvan Research Foundation is the marketing and fundraising arm of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research and provides financial support to the Institute's medical research programs.
The fundraising activities allow Garvan's scientists to continue contributing to knowledge which will ultimately lead to earlier diagnosis, better disease management, new therapies and prevention or cure of a range of diseases.
About the role
The role will lead in the delivery of the Public Engagement and Events Program with the aim of continuing and attracting donor support for Garvan’s medical research.
This will include tailored events, tours and educational opportunities as well as recognition devices to celebrate, retain and encourage future investment.
- Manage all events for donors and high net-worth individuals in partnership with the philanthropy team and leadership team
- Deliver the Public Engagement Program including leading and presenting at public seminars, tours, and external presentations
- Contribute to the development of yearly strategic plans, area work plans and projects
- Engaging and maintaining strong relationships with funders through tailored events, tours and educational opportunities
- Coordination of recognition devices to celebrate, retain and encourage future investment
- Leading and organizing regional public tours and events and corporate workplace engagement and education opportunities
- Oversight of additions and updates to Garvan Institute Scientific Symposiums
- Providing exemplary donor care expertise which includes drafting personalized recognition, maintaining the donor data base and responding to complex inquiries
- Assist with marketing and communications aspects of events
- Measure performance and report on success and areas for development
Skills & Attributes
- Significant experience of event management and public engagement (or other related experience)
- Background in scientific, communications or fundraising experience viewed favorably
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to be able to translate complex scientific and health detail into persuasive lay language
- Innovative, fun and professional with a strong work ethic
- Strong and confident public presenting skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
This role offers the opportunity to work in a social, inspiring, fast paced and positive working environment with a competitive track record in attracting philanthropic support. You'll have the satisfaction of knowing that your work has a real impact on people across Australia and internationally.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most prominent non-profit organisations who are going through an exciting period of growth.
To be considered for this position, please send your resume as soon as possible.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis.