- Darlinghurst, city location, close to Kings Cross station and other public transport
- Competitive salary packaging
- State of the art offices and high performing team
About the Garvan Research Foundation
Garvan Research Foundation is the marketing and fundraising arm of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research and provides financial support to the Institute's medical research programs.
The fundraising activities allow Garvan's scientists to continue contributing to knowledge which will ultimately lead to earlier diagnosis, better disease management, new therapies and prevention or cure of a range of diseases.
About the role
The role will assist with the delivery of the Public Engagement and Events Program with the ultimate aim of attracting support for Garvan’s medical research.
This will include tailored events, tours and educational opportunities as well as recognition devices to celebrate, retain and encourage future investment.
- Coordination and delivery of the Events Program which consists of: Private events, dinners, cocktail functions, Public Seminars; Public Tours; External Presentations
- Assist with the coordination and delivery of compelling and polished bespoke or small group tours across the the Institute
- Assist with coordinating regional public and corporate workplace engagement opportunities
- Oversee additions and updates to Garvan Institute Scientific Symposiums lecture series
- Provide support to the Foundation Director, Deputy Director and Philanthropy team for all high-value stakeholder engagement requirements
- Planning and successful execution, post event analysis and evaluation of a wide variety of events
- Draft run sheets, budget proposals, co-ordinate RSVP’s, update Raisers Edge database and manage marking materials
Skills & Attributes
- Tertiary qualifications in Events, Science, Fundraising, Marketing, Communications or Journalism viewed favourably
- Excellent and proficient communicator
- Experience in event coordination involving high-end stakeholders
- Relationship or client management experience
- Impeccable attention to detail and takes pride in developing (from start to finish) a critical program
- Excellent database skills, Raisers Edge desirable but not essential
- Confident public presenter
This role offers the opportunity to work in a social, inspiring, fast paced and positive working environment with a competitive track record in attracting philanthropic support. You'll have the satisfaction of knowing that your work has a real impact on people across Australia and internationally.
If you exude warmth, possess the highest standards of professionalism, with a can-do attitude and genuine interest in making a difference, we want to hear from you!
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most prominent non-profit organisations who are going through an exciting period of growth.
To be considered for this position, please send your resume as soon as possible.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis.