$110k plus super
Contract until 31st March 2023 with possible extension
Permanent, Full Time
Sydney CBD – WFH & WFO
About the client
The Australian Packaging Covenant of Australia (APCO) is a co-regulatory, not for profit organisation partnering with governments and industries to reduce the environmental impact of packaging.
APCO aims to change the culture of business and educate consumers through the implementation of unique projects and programs and the subsequent promotion of sustainable packaging activities including sustainable design, recycling initiatives, waste to landfill reduction and circular economy. As a collective, we can all make a difference to the environment.
About the role
We are partnering with APCO to recruit a highly organised and experienced Project Administrator to support the coordination of research, engagement and design of the Polypropylene Plant Packaging Recycling (PoPPr) Project.
This is a new role initially funded until March 2023 with a strong hope this will be extended as you develop and establish what will become a new national, accessible resource recovery Product Stewardship program for polypropylene plant packaging (pots, labels and stakes) in Australia.
About the candidate
You will showcase the initiative to lead a project whilst engaging, influencing, and partnering with a diverse range of stakeholders including consultants, community groups, local government and commercial businesses within the horticultural industry.
The ideal candidate will be proactive and self-motivated, to deliver milestone within set timeframes and KPIs. You will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to identify and understand the business issues and drivers for a variety of stakeholder.
Experience in program design within the resource recovery / recycling sector is highly desirable as well as industry knowledge of plastics, sustainability, packaging, circular economy and/or horticulture.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support project research, engagement, scheme models, budgets, planning and documentation
- Identify, segment and engage target stakeholder groups, industry and relevant contacts
- Support and develop project materials and communications
- Track and report on Stakeholder Engagement activities and issues impacting design, management and operations of the project and ongoing scheme
- Expand the Project administration framework of Steering Committee meetings and consultant engagement for the project and success of the ongoing stewardship program
- Proven end to end project management and administration experience
- Strong planning, organisational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Can do attitude, that is proactive rather than reactive
- Strong information management skills to monitor and report on project activity
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
Your role will be instrumental in managing a project that will shape the future of plastic packaging use within the horticulture industry.
If you feel you meet the above criteria please APPLY now! Alternatively, contact Louise on 02 9093 4925 for more information.