- Full time permanent role
- Opportunity to take ownership of the famous WISH LIST program
- Exposure across breadth of high profile events
- Based in Chatswood - close to public transport
The Humpty Dumpty Foundation is a children's charity that, for more than 28 years, has been purchasing essential and often life-saving medical equipment for sick and injured children in Paediatric Wards, Neonatal Units, Maternity and Emergency Departments in hospitals across Australia.
Every one of our supporters makes a difference to a child in need. Every donation is like a single brick - on its own, it cannot build a wall but when it is placed with other bricks, a strong and supportive structure can be built that can be the foundation of community. Our Wish List is what makes us unique, and the successful candidate will be making a difference every day to the lives of children being cared for across Australia.
Every item listed on Humpty’s Wishlist has been requested specifically by the hospital and has been assessed and approved by Humpty’s Medical Sub Committee.The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate all aspects of the Foundation’s Wish List and Medical Equipment requirements, liaising with donors, hospitals, medical suppliers and internal stakeholders, such as the medical committee.
Whats in it for you:
This is a unique administration role, as the Coordinator if the Wish List program you will have the opportunity to take responsibility and ownership of the program. This is your opportunity to develop your relationship/stakeholder management skills while delivering the outcomes if Humpty Dumpty's successful Wish List program. You will be involved in high profile events and work collaboratively to make a difference to the lives of children.
The responsibilities include:
- Liaise with Hospitals regarding equipment needs and coordinate all hospital medical submissions to present to the Medical Sub Committee
- Coordinate and attend Medical Sub-Committee meetings and record minutes
- Maintain detailed excel spreadsheets, website and files relating to medical equipment inventory
- Liaise, negotiate pricing and place orders with medical companies and coordinate payment whilst developing and maintaining good relationships
- Develop a Wish List for major events in readiness for inclusion in all printed material
- Provide regular equipment updates to hospitals including notifications of donated equipment
- Liaise and coordinate with Donors and Medical Staff regarding hospital tours
- Preparation of all donor thank you letters on a weekly basis
- Create content for quarterly e-medical newsletter based on hospital feedback and stories from families and donors
Specifically, the right person for the role will have the following skills and experience:
- Fast and accurate typing skill required
- Ability to prioritise work and multi-task in extreme time pressure environments
- Intermediate - advanced skills in Excel, Powerpoint, Microsoft Word
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong writing ability including letters and professional correspondence
- Strong and confident communication skills including phone manner
- Strong negotiation skills to negotiate supplier quotes
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to work as part of a team to deliver successful outcomes
- Excellent relationship management ability
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please apply with a cover letter outlining your previous experience and the reason for your application along with your full resume. If you have any further question, please contact Rhonda Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no closing date for this role. All applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be contacted.
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of The Humpty Dumpty Foundation, therefore all queries must be directed to Rhonda Newman at Beaumont People.