Temporary 6 Month Contract to the 30th September 2019
Full Time 38 hours per week
Salary $65K + Super (Pro rata to the contract)
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing, developing and reviewing written content for a range of communication channels. This includes supporting the launch of an Audit by drafting media releases, speeches, op-eds, e-newsletters, website content and social media content.
- Support the Public Affairs Manager by preparing and reviewing written content for a range of communication channels for the launch of the Audit including media releases, speeches, op-eds, e-newsletters, website content and social media content
- Support the Public Affairs Manager on development of a strategic communications plan for the Audit
- Support the Public Affairs Manager on media interaction
- Provide editorial support for the Audit including providing advice on editing for plain English, aligning with the style guide and ensuring tone, consistency and accuracy
- Assisting with coordinating the design of the Audit report including management of the design contracts and ensuring delivery of final draft of the Audit
- Assist the Audit authors to source, or produce, graphs and images for the Audit
- Support the Audit and Public Affairs teams with printing management for the Audit
- Assisting the Project Advisory Team on editorial for the Assessment Framework Refresh and remote communities work including fact sheets, letters and speaking notes
- Assisting the Project Advisory Team on editorial for the start of the 2020 IPL refresh in May and June 2019.
- Provide support to the Public Affairs team across other projects as requested
Essential and Desirable Requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or experience in Public Relations or Communications roles
- Experience in writing and editing a range of communications materials, including media releases, speeches, op-eds, website and social media content
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills with experience using multiple communication channels
- Excellent, detail focused project manager who ensures on-time delivery
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across functions to achieve shared goals
- Ability to model and promote the values of independence, transparency, collaboration, credibility and rigour in all that we do
- All employees must be Australian citizens and must obtain and hold an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) - Baseline security clearance.
- An understanding of the political landscape and familiarity with public sector processes
- Knowledge of public sector procurement and contract management processes