- Public Policy Officer – full time- permanent position
- Based in Lewisham, close to public transport
- Opportunity to join a new dynamic and growing team
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The Society is concerned not only with alleviating need but also with identifying the unjust structures that cause it.
The Policy Officer is responsible for the development of research and public policy analysis, seeking to improve the organisation’s understanding of the causes of inequities, poverty and disadvantage in NSW. The three social focus areas include housing and homelessness, affordable living and assistance with refugee and asylum seekers.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Research and write reports on public and social policy issues in NSW
- Respond to government inquiries, reviews and submissions related to social justice matters
- Consult and Liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders to develop accurate policy analysis
- Commission reports to advance social justice campaigns, including supporting researching partnerships
- Represent the Society on social justice, advocacy matters both internally and externally
- Work closely with the Community Engagement Officer and Social Justice Committee to develop communication and campaign material
To be eligible and successful in this position you will:
- At least four years’ experience in a similar role
- Have experience undertaking research in social policy or related field
- A relevant degree, such as Social Science, Politics, Social Work, Community Development, Social Policy, Law
- A strong understanding of the NSW political structures and the community sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have excellent research and analytical skills
The successful candidate will possess a deep interest in social justice, show ambition, have the ability to manage stakeholders at all levels. You will be able to work autonomously as well as with the team and confidently represent the Society on social justice matters.
In return, you will be part of a newly created team with an exciting new focus and make a direct contribution to public social policy.
How to apply
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please apply with a cover letter outlining your previous experience and the reason for your application along with your full resume. If you have any further questions please contact Rhonda Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no closing date for this role, all applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be contacted.
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of The St Vincent de Paul Society, therefore all queries must be directed to Rhonda Newman at Beaumont People.