Policy & Advocacy Officer
$70-$75k + super
15 hours, flexible 2/3 days a week.
About the client:
The Australasian Sonographers Association (ASA) is the peak body and leading voice for sonographers with a vision to see that a Sonographer is known as the expert in ultrasound across the community.
About the role:
The policy & Advocacy Officer will provide support and assistance to the Policy and Advocacy Advisor. You will deliver policy, research and advocacy work that proactively influences the profession. This includes preparing and reviewing policy, advising on the implementation of policy, research development and submission of reports to external stakeholders.
You will work within a collaboratively forward-thinking organisation, with a positive and supporting culture.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Research, consult and write statements on a range of issues
- Consult with industry professionals, stakeholders, experts and relevant bodies
- Develop and regularly review the response to health issues and regulatory issues
- Research and provide evidence-based literature
- Produce reports, presentations and correspondence as required
- Collaborate with the ASA committee, stakeholders, staff and members
To be successful you will have:
- Experience in policy writing and research
- High-level oral and written communication skills
- Ability to produce high-quality analytical skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- The initiative to prioritise and manage deadlines under pressure
If you feel you meet the above criteria and would like to work in a role which positively impacts changes within the sonography profession APPLY now! Alternatively, contact Emma or Louise on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.