- Policy & Advocacy Officer
- Sydney CBD Location
- $100k + Super
- Full Time, Permanent
- WFH & WFO
The Returned and Services League of Australia New South Wales (RSL NSW) was formed in 1917 and currently has over 30,000 members. RSL NSW is a member-based veterans association that connects veterans and their families to a variety of services, providing support with DVA claims and advocacy, financial and housing assistance, and counseling and community support.
About the Role
The Policy & Advocacy Officer contributes to policy development and advocacy activity. The role includes the provision of high-level policy advice, research, stakeholder engagement and advocacy.
The Policy & Advocacy Officer will develop and implement an ongoing veterans’ policy and advocacy strategy for RSL NSW. This includes strategic planning, campaign coordination, preparation of meetings and other briefing papers, issues management, research, stakeholder communication and evaluation of policy and advocacy tasks.
About the Candidate
You will have a positive attitude and passionate approach with demonstrative experience working within a Policy and Advocacy role ideally within the community sector, Not-for-Profit, member association, peak body or government.
As the Policy & Advocacy Officer, you will manage relationships with volunteers, members, government, non-government organisations and peak bodies to support advocacy on veteran issues.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Analyse and monitor developments relevant to veteran affairs
- Identify potential areas for RSL NSW research and policy development
- Consult and develop networks with key stakeholders in community, government and industry
- Liaise with agencies and Government on legislation and subsidiary regulatory instruments
- Consult RSL NSW members, Ex-Service Organisations and other key stakeholders to ensure effective representation on veteran affairs
- Represent RSL NSW in public forums, on committees and working groups as required
- Coordinate RSL NSW’s formal policy or campaign advisory committees
- Develop material to inform stakeholders about campaigns and policy issues
- Contribute to and assist with RSL NSW publications and website content
- Experience working in policy and advocacy
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Tertiary qualification in social policy, social science, law, Defence studies or relevant discipline
- Ability to develop, facilitate and present content across a variety of channels for different audiences
- Experience in campaign development and implementation
- Experience in negotiating policy and advocacy
APPLY NOW or for more information and a copy of the position, description contact Louise or Alyssa on 02 9093 4925 or email email@example.com.