- Brisbane based national role
- $95K base + super and excellent salary sacrifice options
- Your chance to make a great difference in the lives of children and young people in care
This national not for profit organisation supports children & young people in Australia who are in the out of home care system by giving them a voice.
The Policy and Advocacy Manager is a senior leadership role within the organisation and reports directly to the CEO. The roles leads a team of 4.
This position provides an invaluable opportunity to be immersed in and affect positive outcomes for children and young people in care at the state and national level and has shared responsibility for implementing the Strategic and Operational Plans.
This role requires a great deal of flexibility and drive the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Be actively involved in making management decisions on how to implement the strategic & operational plans and meet organisational KPI's
- Represent the organisation’s strategic objectives & build their profile across the sector & to government
- Support and /or lead research projects & collaborate with others to execute
- Participate in Leadership Committee Meetings & provide accurate reports
- Lead your team to ensure goals are met
- Ensure time frames & contractual and policy requirements are met
- Develop & write briefing papers/ reports as required in line with the strategic plan & organisational requirements
- Keep up to date with developments in policy & social issues
- Respond to external & internal research enquiries
- Ensure that effective communication strategies are in place to communicate the organisations advocacy position
- Keep abreast of media coverage on child protection & the out-of-home care sector
- Develop and/or deliver presentations at state, national & international conferences
- Oversee the development of a bi-annual Stakeholder survey & collate results for circulation
- A minimum of 3 years management experience & highly developed leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within the Not for Profit sector
- An in depth understanding of the political and socio-political environment in contemporary child protection
- An extremely well developed ability to write concisely, compile research reports, briefing papers & correspondence
- Advanced computer skills including the ability to analyse and interpret data
- Experience analysing & evaluating information, then presenting in the appropriate format to a variety of audiences
- A confident negotiator, influencer & communicator with demonstrated experience advising on complex & sensitive issues
- Ability to lead & manage a multi-disciplinary team to reach organisational goals
- Highly effective time management skills & the ability to prioritise competing demands - experience managing projects to specifications & time frames is essential
Please send your resume & covering letter (clearly addressing separately each of the above Skills & Attributes max. 4 pages) to Rebecca@beaumontpeople.com.au
For a confidential discussion or if you have additional questions please call Rebecca Robinson on 02 9133 9322 (please note I will be unavailable for calls Mon 26th – Thurs 29th)
The advertisement will be removed when the successful candidate has been sourced.