- Policy & Advocacy Lead
- $115k + Super
- Full Time, Permanent
- WFH & WHO
Our client are the Not-for-Profit industry association that represents small, medium, and large businesses within the built and national environment sector. They support members within four key areas People, Practice, Pipeline, and Procurement.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Policy & Advocacy LEad is responsible for delivering advocacy, government relations, and policy strategy in relation to the organisations key areas. The role includes delivering the organisation's business strategy and advocating policy campaigns as well as driving stakeholder engagement and connecting with members and key stakeholders.
About the Candidate
You will have a positive attitude and evidence-based approach with demonstrative experience working within a Policy and Advocacy role ideally within a member association, peak body, or government department.
As the Policy & Advocacy Manager, you will manage relationships with members, government, non-government organisations, and peak bodies.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead policy development across from research to delivery
- Proactively drive Consult Australia's advocacy campaigns and stakeholder engagement
- Deliver and advocate public policy research and guidance for members
- Build and foster working relationships with key stakeholders across government, industry, sponsors, and other associations
- Monitor and engage in government policy development
- Ensure local advocacy in Victoria compliments the nationwide policy positions
- Communicate Consult Australia’s local and nationwide policy and advocacy
- Recognise opportunities to deliver outcomes for members and to engage non-members
- Work with the Engagement Manager to develop topical events with high-quality speakers
- Conduct reporting, database content management, and general administration
- Experience working in policy and advocacy
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Ability to drive an outcome and collaborate with a team
- Ability to develop, facilitate and present content across a variety of channels to different audiences
- Experience in campaign development and implementation
- Experience in negotiating policy and advocacy