Full time role with highly regarded medical research charity, based in Darlinghurst.
Full Job Description
- Full time permanent Philanthropy Officer with a focus on Major Gift and Trust and Foundation supporters
- Outstanding opportunity to join an ambitious, innovative charity
- Competitive salary, state of the art offices, close to public transport
- Fun, collaborative and positive culture
Reporting to the Philanthropy Manager and working with the broader philanthropy team, this vital role will be responsible for the retention, stewardship and acquisition of ‘Major Gift’ donors (individuals, families and trusts and foundations) as well as providing specialised support and customer care expertise to the overall Foundation. The role will be responsible for the one-to-one relationship management of a defined segment of major donors and the engagement and cultivation of prospects.
It offers the opportunity for you to execute your expert relationship building and engagement skills in conjunction with your keen writing and communication skills to translate the vision and direction of the Institute to its donors, ultimately inspiring support for their research. This is not the kind of role that becomes available every day!
• Manage and cultivate existing portfolio of philanthropic supporters through developing and implementing personalised engagement plans
• Solicit new philanthropic relationships through building relationships with family members, Directors and Trustees of T&Fs as well as submitting targeted funding proposals
• Strategically research new Major Donor funding opportunities and develop prospect engagement plans
• Manage and implement donor recognition program
• Personally provide specialised donor care/customer service expertise to the overall Foundation
Skills and Attributes
• Tertiary qualifications in relevant field (Fundraising, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Science viewed favourably) but not essential
• Exceptional ability to build one-on-one relationships ideally with a background in professional fundraising (individual giving through Private Ancillary Funds /major gifts) experience or sales/business development in the commercial sector
• Proven ability to think strategically and create communication materials and funding proposals for Trusts, Foundations and Private Ancillary Funds
• Exceptional communication & negotiation skills with strong influential capabilities
• Self-motivated, good problem solver and enjoys managing multiple tasks and goals
• Experience in working with databases (Raiser Edge highly desired)
You will be known for your exceptional relationship management, engagement and writing skills, be approachable, resilient, flexible and results orientated with the ability to handle complexity and extremely proactive.
This role offers the opportunity to work in a social, inspiring, fast paced and positive working environment with a competitive track record in attracting philanthropic support. You'll have the satisfaction of knowing that your work has a real impact on people across Australia.
If you exude warmth, possess the highest standards of professionalism, with a can-do attitude and genuine interest in making a difference, we want to hear from you!
To be considered for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need further information, please call Christina Enotiades on 02 9279 2777. Please note due to urgency the role does not have a set closing date so I encourage early applications.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most prominent non-profit organisations who are going through an exciting period of growth. To apply for this position, please send your up to date resume and a covering letter to email@example.com
Please apply as soon as possible as these will be assessed throughout the process
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis