The part time Philanthropy Manager will develop and implement strategies to manage current and secure new private donations for the world’s largest and best attended annual free to the public sculpture exhibition.
Full Job Description
- Truly unique opportunity to join prestigious arts organisation
- Part time position for 2 days a week.
- Central location, close to public transport & cafes
- Small dynamic and passionate team
This widely recognised not for profit organisation produces the world’s largest annual free to the public sculpture exhibition in Bondi in Sydney and an annual sister exhibition in Cottesloe, Perth.
Their vision is to foster the appreciation of sculpture as an art form and the careers of artists, providing significant educational and cultural benefits for the people of Sydney and Perth and their visitors. They have remained a free to the public exhibition which exhibits the very broad church that is contemporary sculpture, taking the lead from the artists who choose to exhibit.
As the Philanthropy Manager, you will be immersed within the centre of the organisation and its functioning. Working with the Founding Director and the Perth based part time WA Philanthropy Co-Ordinator and the WA Stakeholder Consultant, you will have an interest in working in the arts sector for the good of the community and are ready to hit the ground running.
This is an excellent role for somebody with experience in major gift fundraising, of driving new private funding and who is looking for a significant challenge with creative opportunity.
Importantly, you will have confidence holding your own and are dynamic with superior communication and interpersonal skills who enjoys building relationships with philanthropists and foundations.
If this sounds of interest please do not delay, send through your application today!
- Overall management and development of the Philanthropy program
- Building excellent sustainable relationships with existing donors
- Overall management of the philanthropy program and administrative duties including general events management and operations
- Plan and manage the communications for philanthropy team
- Managing relationships with existing scholarships and philanthropic support
- Researching and making new philanthropic foundation grant applications to support and grow artistic program and to raise funds to stage the exhibitions
- Production of reporting on philanthropy for quarterly board reporting.
Culture & Benefits
- We are a hard-working team who love what we do. As a public benevolent institution (PBI) we are able to offer salary packaging benefits. The role is part time and will have a pivotal role in the success of the organisation.
Your skills & expertise
- Proven success in fundraising and philanthropy management, including major giving and bequests
- Tertiary educated
- Highly motivated self-starter, results driven and passionate about achieving targets for success of exhibitions
- Strong people management and of working with senior leadership
- Extensive rights negotiation, senior client and brand management
- Exceptional written and verbal communications
- Ability to work autonomously
- Outcomes focused, entrepreneurial person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to apply insights and skills across the team with a creative approach in a not-for-profit environment
- Generous with time and skills, is comfortable in a very high-performance culture
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Team focussed with a keen desire to add something to the world
- Driver’s license
- Preferably you will be able to travel to Perth twice a year, one time for up to one week.
- Experience in digital fundraising and regular giving an advantage
How to apply
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for an experienced philanthropy professional looking to make an impact in the cultural and community sectors. We would love to hear about your relevant experience and encourage candidates wanting to make the move in to the charity sector to apply also.
Please send through your up to date resume and covering letter to email@example.com or call on (02) 9279 2777 if you have any additional questions.
Due to urgency of the role, we encourage early submissions as applications will be assessed as they are received. Adverts will be removed upon successful appointment.