- Based in the CBD close to public transport links
- Work for a well known global education provider
- Paying between $130,000 - $150,000 + Inclusive of Super
Opportunity to work for a leading education provider which has a strong international presence providing private education through a diverse range of learning programs.
This People and Culture Manager is a newly created position that will deliver the P&C calendar of programs, identify people and culture priorities and recommend appropriate people management solutions. This person will assess and anticipate people and culture related needs and deliver value-added services to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organisation.
- Leadership: to develop the business partners to work as trusted strategic advisors through effective feedback, coaching and mentoring. Lead and support employees through the employee lifecycle, provide strategic leadership and actively promote continuous improvement within people and culture.
- Employee relations: provide high quality industrial and employee relations advice to several stakeholders, conduct negotiations dealing with industrial matters and resolve complex employee relations issues. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements and provide day-to-day performance management guidance
- Organisation development: support the Executive Director in the development, implementation and evolution of People Strategy, help manage talent and succession planning. Provide input on unit restructures, and challenge organisational structures for the purpose of better productivity and efficiency
- Compliance: drive a culture of compliance within the P&C team as well as the wider business. Develop and implement processes and compliance requirements such as WWCC, Police Checks and Visas
- Vendor Management: monitor and manage vendor relationships, assess vendor performance and make recommendations based on said performance, and source new vendors
- Policies and procedures: maintain all company policies and procedures within P&C, dispute and resolve with employees and managers about changes, and finally review policies and procedures to ensure they support business needs
- WH&S: help drive WH&S strategies and act as both a facilitator and key change agents, contribute and promote a safe workplace through WH&S
- Contribute to a supportive, positive and safe workplace: ensure all compliance is followed, diligence of workplace safety and be a productive member of the team
- Extensive experience as a HR generalist or previous business partnering experience
- Highly experiences in employee relations, knowledge of industrial and employee relations theories, principles, policies and practices. Have extensive knowledge within workplace safety and WH&S
- Tertiary qualifications in HR or related fields, alongside experience leading, managing, coaching and developing others
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork with extensive interpersonal skills, great written and verbal communication and the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to provide strategic advice, develop options, analyse risk, make good judgements, and solve problems
- Be creative, resourceful and pragmatic with a positive ‘can do’ and solution focus attitude
- Computer literacy, intermediate MS Word and Excel Skills, it would also be desirable to have familiarities with Workday
- Lead a supportive and collaborative team
- The ability to study any of this organisations courses for free
- This organisation looks after their staff and works hard to develop their employees hence the low turnover in this organisation.