- Contract is for minimum 12 months
- Part-time, 2-3 days per week
- Newtown, Inner West City location
- Competitive salary packaging
About the organisation
The Heart Research Institute is an internationally recognised medical research institute that performs ground-breaking cardiovascular research.
The Payroll Officer is responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the Institute’s payroll function, which currently consists of a small fortnightly payroll run and a larger monthly payroll.
- Ensuring accurate payroll transactions and payments for the fortnightly and monthly payrolls
- Preparation and payment of PAYG Tax ▪ Super Guarantee Contributions
- Processing new employee contracts and calculating staff termination calculations through the payroll system
- Act as the main point of contact with external Salary Packaging partner and ensure all salary packaging information is accurately maintained and recorded
- Assist the finance team with month end reporting
- Act as the main point of contact for all staff regarding any payroll questions, issues and/or discrepancies
- Work closely with all members of the Finance and HR teams
Skills & Attributes
- 5-10 years Payroll experience working in a full function or stand-alone role
- A Bachelor’s Degree/Certificate in Finance/Business highly regarded, but not essential
- Experience using Employment Hero will be highly regarded
- A background working in a NFP/University environment will be helpful
- Ability to work within strict deadlines and reporting time tables
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- A self-starter who shows initiative
- A team player who can also work autonomously as required
- Ability to work flexibly when required due to monthly payroll processing requirements
- Access to NFP salary packaging of up to $15,899 per annum
- Good work/life balance
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont People Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont People NFP specialise in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector.