About the Organisation:
At Wesley Mission, helping people in need is what inspires the team every day. Wesley Mission reaches all faces of Australia—from children, families and the elderly, to those struggling with homelessness, addiction, mental health, financial or domestic challenges.
For over 200 years they have worked tirelessly to support the sick, the poor and some of Australia’s most marginalised and disadvantaged people.
Today, they employ over 2000 staff and have almost 4000 volunteers all working together to make a difference in the lives of others every day, walking alongside them to help them face life’s challenges and create the life they deserve.
The position of Partnerships Executive reports to the Partnerships Manager and supports the wider fundraising team with an emphasis on corporate, community engagement in Wesley Mission events, 3rd party events (e.g. City2Surf), workplace giving and other corporate-lead employee fundraising initiatives. It involves identifying and working with current partners to strengthen existing relationships and exploring and developing opportunities to increase fundraising revenue.
Key responsibilities Include:
- Engaging clients and leveraging existing relationships to increase engagement and participation in Wesley Mission’s various fundraising initiatives and events
- Delivering partnership activities professionally, all the while acting as an ambassador for the Wesley Mission brand, creating strong advocates and fundraising champions along the way
- Representing Wesley Mission at internal and external functions (public speaking, client presentations etc.)
- Using peer-to-peer mechanisms to drive funds, awareness and supporters
- Optimising, developing and managing corporate community fundraising events and initiatives
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and on budget
- Accurate record keeping
- Pursuing new business opportunities and leads as appropriate
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- A proven track record in fundraising events, corporate and/or community fundraising is desirable.
- You will be warm, engaging and upbeat with strong relationship development skills, ideally within a corporate setting
- A strong communicator, happy to present, speak in public and be the face of Wesley Mission at events and other functions
- Thorough with proven organisational, time and project management skills and strong attention to detail
- Flexible to work varied hours, including some weekends and evenings as required
Please apply online ASAP with a covering letter and resume outlining your interest and suitability. Wesley Mission is seeking to fill this position as quickly as possible. It is available now.