Beaumont People are currently working with an international charity based in the heart of Sydney to recruit for a temporary passionate and experienced NDIS Scheduling Assistant/Support Co-coordinator.
This position is a 2 - 6 month temporary position you will have great opportunity to influence and make a profound impact during a time of change for the organisation and clients.
The role is to provide NDIS support co-ordination, through the organisation as a registered NDIS Provider, to a number of clients and external clients to assist them with their transition and journey through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The core responsibilities will include;
- Support and provide an overview of all existing individual plans, while being the central person for all submissions and continued response to changes from the NDIS.
- Assessing packages that need to be activated and scheduling services
- Negotiate services to be provided and their prices, develop service agreements and create service bookings with preferred providers
- Liaise with any plan manager to establish the appropriate claim categories and attribute the correct amount of funds
- Link to mainstream or community services (i.e. housing, education, transport, health)
- Strengthen and enhance Individuals / families and carers capacity to coordinate supports, self-direct and manage supports and participate in the community, including providing participants with assistance to resolve problems.
- A genuine empathy with and understanding is essential along with;
- Good attention to details and someone who is process focus - handling multiple priorities
- Need to have a strong knowledge of the NDIS.
- Have excellent customer focussed communication.
- Demonstrated experience in administrative duties- including record keeping and accurate recording of information
- Strong internal and external communications, including process documentation
- Ability to understand financial implications of budgets and funding levels
- Willingness to travel locally, if required.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application immediately through the apply now function. Please include your home address on your application. If you need to ask any further questions, please call Melanie or Katherine on 02 9279 2777.