The National Sponsorship Manager will develop and implement strategies to secure sponsorships, ensuring mutual benefits for world’s largest free arts exhibition.
Full Job Description
- Truly unique opportunity to join prestigious arts organisation
- Full time permanent position
- Central location, close to public transport & cafes
- Small dynamic and passionate team
This widely recognised organisation produces the world’s largest annual free to the public sculpture exhibition in Bondi in Sydney and an annual sister exhibition in Cottesloe, Perth.
Their vision is to foster the appreciation of sculpture as an art form and the careers of artists, providing significant educational and cultural benefits for Sydney and Perth. They have remained a free to the public exhibition that continues to represent the very broad church that is contemporary sculpture, taking the lead from the artists that choose to exhibit.
As the National Sponsorships Manager, you will be immersed within the centre of the organisation and its functioning. Working with the Founding Director and managing two direct reports, you will be responsible for securing exhibition funds for Perth and Sydney managing the relationships between sponsors and the production of the exhibition. The scope is large, so you’ll need to be comfortable as a jack-of-all, across brand partnerships, marketing, communication, sponsorship proposals and ideally experience of large-scale events.
You will have confidence holding your own and are always willing to go the extra mile. You will have experience working across all elements of the partnerships, marketing and events mix as well as relationship-based sales. You are as happy to implement as you are to step back and formulate the strategic context of your work.
You will have an interest in working in the arts sector for the good of the community and are ready to hit the ground running. This is an excellent role for somebody looking for a significant challenge with creative opportunity. If you have a strong commercial sense, exceptional partnerships, marketing and relationship building skills and are keen to utilise those for the broader community, please get in touch today.
- Source, secure and develop and maintain strategic partnerships
- Prepare proposals and presentations for new sponsorships
- Client management, team management and temporary staff to organise approx. 80 small to large scale corporate events
- Plan and develop sponsorship component of marketing, PR and social media with Founding Director and other key members of staff
- Working with the relevant State tourism bodies
- Manage financial budget for sponsorship and corporate events
- Working with all of stakeholders internal and external to ensure consistent and excellent communication is achieved
- Share knowledge across the organisation to ensure knowledge and insights are shared and maximized across the business
- Lead and contribute to a high performing team
Culture & benefits
- We are a hard-working team who love what we do. As a public benevolent institution (PBI) we are able to offer salary packaging benefits. The role is full time and will have a pivotal role in the success of the organisation.
Your skills & expertise
- Significant senior industry experience
- An entrepreneurial approach and positive attitude
- Strong people management and of working with senior leadership
- Substantial experience in event management and brand partnerships
- Extensive rights negotiation, business development, senior client and brand management
- Exceptional written and verbal communications for proposals and reports
- Keen commercial insight
- Outcomes focused, entrepreneurial person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to apply insights and skills across the team with a creative approach in a not-for-profit environment
- Generous with time and skills, is comfortable in a very high-performance culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or a related field
- Driver’s license
- Ability to travel interstate for up to 4 weeks in March each year
How to apply
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for an experienced senior partnerships and event professional looking to make an impact at Community level. We would love to hear about your relevant successes in partnerships and encourage candidates wanting to make the move in to the charity sector to apply also.
Please send through your up to date resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on (02) 9279 2777 if you have any additional questions.
Due to urgency of the role, we encourage early submissions as applications will be assessed as they are received. Adverts will be removed upon successful appointment.