Dementia Australia is the new voice of Alzheimer’s Australia - a unified, national peak body for people, of all ages, living with all forms of dementia, their families and carers. They advocate for the needs of people living with all types of dementia, their families and their carers, and provide essential support services, education and information.
Reporting to the General Manager, National Fundraising and supervising the National Event Coordinator you will be responsible for the management and delivery all operational aspects of Dementia Australia’s national fundraising events with a particular focus on the Memory Walk & Jog series in approximately 10 locations throughout Australia.
While your role does not carry individual fundraising revenue targets, the primary purpose of events is to generate fundraising income. Hence you will work in close collaboration with the wider fundraising team to help develop ways to increase fundraising income in the short and long term and will be responsible for ensuring all fundraising events are run to the highest possible standards in line with Dementia Australia’s brand.
- Organise all backend elements of the Memory Walk & Jog series and other flagship events, such as Golf Days and Galas, from planning and on-the-day operation through to post-event evaluation, including event budgets and end-to-end tracking and reporting
- Mentor and lead the Event Coordinator to work with you on the logistical setup, volunteer coordination and information, guerrilla marketing, banner placement, entertainment and group warm ups
- Foster and maintain relationships with existing and prospective event supporters
- Be responsible for ensuring production timelines are in place and adhered to
- Be the main point of contact to liaise with regional teams and State teams to develop national Memory Walk & Jog activities
- Seek ways to maximise income from the Memory Walks & Jog series by executing strategic income boosting plans, participating in regular phone call rounds to potential and existing supporters, creating fundraising incentive strategies and working closely with the Digital Campaign Fundraising Specialist on marketing ideas, campaigns, promotions etc
- Work closely with the Campaign manager ensure the team is completing day-to-day administrative work, including logging of enquiries, accounts and registration paperwork, co-ordination of participant information and welcome packs, fundraising materials and mail-outs
- Work closely with the Campaign manager, ensure the Donor Engagement Specialist is the key point of contact for event participants, responding to all correspondence promptly, comprehensively and courteously
- Oversee the reporting on participant numbers and fundraising targets for each Memory Walk & Jog location, and make recommendations where needed
- Oversee content on the fundraising platforms linked with www.memorywalk.com.au
- Conceptualise, produce and maintain resources to assist participants with their fundraising
- Maintain exceptional standards of customer care
- Coordinate interns and volunteers to assist with administrative duties such as:
- Database research
- Collating event packs and mail outs
- Assistance with pre event activities and promotion
- Assist with out of hours and weekend promotional work
Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- You will need to be able to demonstrate at least 2 years previous event management experience, preferably in a not-for-profit environment or have a genuine interest in the charity sector, fundraising and/or events
- Have excellent attention to detail, verbal & written communication skills, well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills as well as high level administration and organisational skills
- Be highly competent with Microsoft Office and Adobe edit suite products
- Possess team and sophisticated stakeholder management experience
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to work in a high performance environment, managing multiple tasks with defined budgets and conflicting deadlines
- Strong numeric skills and the ability to manage a budgets end-to-end
- Able to cope with pressures associated with events and tight timelines in a calm and methodical manner
- Availability and willingness to work some weekends / nights as required.
- Able to healthily manage the physicality of event bump in and bump out.
- Valid NSW Driver’s license
- Prior experience in online fundraising through third parties such as Everyday Hero, Just Giving or Go Fundraise, experience working with consumer web CMS products and a familiarity with donor databases (eg: ThankQ, Don Man) will be highly regarded
Please apply online with a covering letter and resume outlining your interest and suitability. For more information call Janine Birch, Senior Consultant, Beaumont People on 02 9093 4911.