Not-for-Profit professional organisation based in Sydney CBD
Contract - up to 9 months (maternity leave cover)
About the Company
The Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia (ASFA) has been operating since 1962 and is the peak policy, research and advocacy body for Australia’s superannuation industry.
Their purpose is to work alongside government bodies and superannuation funds to achieve both public policy and industry best practice. As a not-for-profit, they exist to ensure these translate into the best outcome for all retirees.
About the Role
As the National Events Manager you will manage and lead the events team with 2 direct reports. You and the team are responsible for delivering events for the organisation and will have end-to-end responsibility for the development, content design and delivery of state events as well as supporting the national events.
ASFA delivers 50 to 60 events per year that include state events, national events and their annual conference.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage performance of direct reports through active goal setting, coaching, mentoring and feedback
- Manage expenses in line with budget for all activities
- Identify efficiencies to deliver cost reductions
- Identify improvements to drive efficiency and/or member/delegate experience
- Play a key role on the conference project team
- Liaise with committees to organise program content
- Report on success of events on a weekly and monthly basis
To be successful you will have:
- Events management experience specialising in corporate events and conferences
- Proven experience and success in leading and managing a team
- Experience in delivering and developing high quality events
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven budget management skills
- Proven track record in project management, multi-tasking and meeting strict deadlines
- Excellent relationship management and negotiation skills
- Brings a sense of humour to work each day!
If you feel you meet the above criteria please APPLY now! Alternatively, contact Louise on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.