About the client:
The Australian Property Institute (API) represents the interests of property professionals.
The API's primary role is to set and maintain the highest standards of professional practice, education, ethics and professional conduct for its members and the broader property profession. The API is committed to building and maintaining a strong base for the future of the property profession through broadening the expertise and knowledge of its members.
About the role:
API are looking for an individual with a customer service, organised and member-centric approach to their work to join their team in Port Melbourne as the Membership Services and Events Manager.
You will be responsible for the provision of membership support services and coordinating the events program for the Victorian members of API.
You will be responsible for executing the membership growth strategy by developing and maintaining relationships and being the front line for member queries.
You are also required to provide secretariat support to local State committees.
This role has direct oversight of the Member Liaison Officer.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the implementation and delivery of the national membership recruitment/growth plan in conjunction with National Manager
- Coordinate and manage the Events Program for Victoria
- Provide support to members by being the first point of contact
- Provide secretariat services including agendas, minuting, action and travel arrangements to local State Committees
- Assist with membership database management
- Previous experience in a membership organisation
- An interest or background in the property industry
- Previous event management experience i.e. conferences and seminars
- Ability to build and maintain successful relationships
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.