- Enhance our Member experience
- Surry Hills location - close to public transport
- Attractive salary package
Girl Guides NSW & ACT is part of the 20 million member world-wide Girl Guides organisation with a clear mission to empower girls and young women to grow into confident, self-respecting, responsible community members. Guides provides girls and young women with fantastic opportunities to meet personal challenges, develop team building and leadership skills and make new friends.
We are looking for an innovative, driven and outcomes focused Manager to be part of the senior management team. You will lead the Membership team to grow membership and enhance member experience.
Working closely with the CEO, this pivotal position will deliver the organisation's strategic plan, focusing on the retention, acquisition and satisfaction of members. You will be required to champion, lead and assist with various projects and implement change.
You will ensure quality member events are delivered and play a key role in communicating to and interacting with volunteers. Your ability to build and maintain strong relationships, especially with key stakeholders, including volunteers and members who are passionate about the organisation, will be vital to your success.
- Develop and implement membership recruitment and retention strategies and campaigns to ensure organisation requirements can be met.
- Report and analyse membership numbers and trends.
- Support the management of volunteers, and implement key projects
- Ensure business processes support efficient recruitment and retention of Members.
- Monitor, evaluate and analyse member satisfaction to drive continuous improvement
- Recruit, manage and train all member services staff
- Provide reports to CEO, Board and Board Committees as required and work with volunteer led teams to achieve outcomes.
- Build relationships with community representatives and key stakeholders to support project initiatives and membership growth
To be successful you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or extensive experience in a relevant role
- Experience in the management of a membership based organisation
- Proven experience in strategic planning, database management and reporting
- Extensive experience in leading and managing people
- Exceptional stakeholder and relationship management
- Strong communication; the ability to negotiate and influence
- Excellent project management and time management
- The ability to engage and manage a diverse range of stakeholders
- A working with children's check and National Police Clearance is required
If you pride yourself on your ability to influence and lead change, drive positive outcomes whilst working with a dynamic CEO and Board who are dedicated and enthusiastic about their Members, this is the role for you. You will have the opportunity to shape your role and really make your mark in an established and worthwhile organisation.
Please note that some travel and attendance at evening and weekend member events will be required.
How to Apply
Please apply with your resume and cover letter outlining your experience and reason for application. If you have any questions please contact Rhonda at Beaumont People.
Please note there is no set closing date for this position so I encourage early applications. I will remove this advertisement when the position is successfully filled.
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role. Please direct any questions directly to Rhonda at Beaumont People.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.