- Passionate and engaed team
- Focus on Club, Athlete and Volunteer engagement
- Parking available, North Ryde
Special Olympics Australia provides sporting opportunities for people with an intellectual disability of all abilities. Their mission is to provide year-round sports training, quality coaching and competition sports for children and adults.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Member Services Manager will have a broad and diverse responsibility in this high profile, growing sports disability charity. As an integral member of Special Olympics Australia management team, you will help lead and strengthen recruitment, engagement, retention and recognition across volunteers, clubs and athletes.
Key focus of the role
- Provide strategic input and leadership to drive the outcomes outlined in the annual business plan, including the management of budgets
- To oversee the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of the volunteer program
- Provide strategic advice to the Executive team and Board on business improvement processes to strengthen internal processes and programs
- Develop volunteer initiatives that are guided by the National Standards for Volunteer Involvement
- Manage and maintain the member database and oversee the annual registration process
- Manage the volunteer recruitment, screening, on-boarding, training, deployment and ongoing enquiry support
- Implement retention and recognition initiatives for athletes and volunteers
- Support and develop club committees to deliver effective programs locally
- Responsible for managing member protection and complaint handling to safeguard all stakeholders
- Review and ensure all clubs are accredited and licenced, including conducting annual audits and health checks
- Direct management of volunteers to provide admin support to the organisation
Key attributes and experience to be successful in this role include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Community Development or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in volunteer management and passion for working with volunteers
- Previous experience in using a database and systems to drive business outcomes
- Ability to build strong relationships and partnerships with all stakeholders
- Proven ability to take initiative, create solutions and champion the values of Special Olympics Australia
- Experience working in a Not For Profit organisation or sports organisation is highly desirable
This is an excellent opportunity to lead and drive new initiatives as part of a passionate and engaged team. Every member of the team has a strong purpose and dedicated to ensuring that their vision, that ‘everyone with an intellectual disability has the opportunity to play sport’ rings true throughout all of their processes.
How to apply
To be considered for this position please apply now with your cover letter and resume, if you have any further question please contact Rhonda at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no closing date for this role, please apply as soon as possible as all applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role. If you have any questions please contact Rhonda directly.