Full Job Description
- Sydney city location
- Full time permanent position, flexible office hours
- Great office location, collaborative, passionate and intelligent team
- International well recognized brand
Working as part of the Marketing team, the Media Relations Manager will lead the development, implementation and evaluation of news media and public relations strategies including crisis management.
This is a unique opportunity to use your expertise to drive engagement and awareness to help save our planet!
- Leads development implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the news media strategy and audiences to significantly raise stories and profile visibility.
- Develops PR plans/news media plans and packages in response to campaigns
- Builds key media relationships and negotiate editorial partnerships
- Maintains and leads activation of the crisis communication framework
- Briefs and manages PR agencies
- Analyses and reports back to track, measure and evaluate the effectiveness of news media initiatives and campaigns
- Delivers media training for staff, provides spokespeople with tools and relevant information to ensure brand and voice consistency
- Engages with the international network to identify opportunities for building content and media engagement
- Develops strong relationships with ambassadors and influencers
- Demonstrated media relations management experience working in Australian news media acquired in private o NGPO sector or PR agency, preferable with experience covering advocating social issues
- Tertiary degree in journalism, communications, PR or relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
- Significant experience of developing, implementing and monitoring news media and PR strategies
- Extensive experience in issues and crisis management across all media
- Excellent knowledge of all news, media platforms, channels and sectors
- Demonstrated innovative approach to increasing brand visibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to translate scientific data into engaging copy
- A network of relationships with journalists, editors and opinion leaders
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and work collaboratively with flexible team- based environment.
The team are sociable, collaborative and hardworking. They are passionate, intelligent and driven by a values-based mission to increase engagement and awareness levels of audiences across Australia to achieve conservation and fundraising objectives.
If you're looking for a role that will offer you an opportunity to work in a strategic role that is hands on in a team with international reach, don’t delay, please click the apply button today!
Please "apply now" by sending a covering letter addressing the above selection criteria and an up to date resume to Rosheen@beaumontpeople.com.au
If you require further information please call Christina Enotiades on 02 9279 2777.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis