Great opportunity to apply your strong media and communications skills in an organisation that truly makes a difference to young Australians!
Full Job Description
COMMUNICATIONS AND MEDIA MANAGER
- Competitive salary for a flexible role (would consider 4 days a week)
- Great offices located in Pyrmont
- Great opportunity to apply your strong media and communications skills within an organisation that truly makes a difference in the lives of young Australians.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
ReachOut is Australia’s leading online mental health organisation for young people and their parents. Our practical support, tools and tips help young people get through anything from everyday issues to tough times – and the information we offer parents makes it easier for them to help their teenagers, too.
We’ve been changing the way people access help since we launched the world’s first online mental health service more than 20 years ago. Everything we create is based on the latest evidence and designed with experts, and young people or their parents. This is why our digital self-help tools are trusted, relevant and easy to use.
Available for free anytime and pretty much anywhere, 132,000 people in Australia access ReachOut every month. That’s more than 1.58 million each year.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Communications and Government Relations, as Communications and Media Manager you are responsible for the coordination and management of media and the internal/external communications for the organisation. In this role you use your strong relationship management skills to be the main reference and key liaison person driving coverage and producing news articles and media releases, supporting communication needs for campaigns and research findings. In this role you work autonomously to project manage and work at a strategic and tactical level.
Responsibilities in this role include:
- Developing, monitoring and coordinating targeted media strategies
- Responding to reactive media requests
- Act as key liaison person for coordinating interviews and case studies
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with media organisations
- Produce news articles and media releases
- Overseeing events for ReachOut, including media launches and briefings
- Coordinating all media related activities that may include; developing relationships with key media contacts, maintaining media lists, drafting media releases, and undertaking media outreach on behalf of corporate partner programs and campaigns
To be successful it is important that you have:
- Tertiary degree in a relevant discipline
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Extensive and current media contacts through television, radio, print and online
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Superior relationship management
- Excellent strategic thinking creativity and ability to problem solve
- Experience working in an environment where it is important to both take the lead and
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Drive to grow with a passion for achieving targets
- Highly professional and articulate, with a genuine passion for the organisation
- Strong organisational and project management skills
Please apply for the Media and Communications Manager role with your resume and a cover letter outlining your achievements and reason for application.
If you require further information please contact Christina from Beaumont People on 02 9279 2777.