In this role, you will be managing a series of government, NFP and corporate accounts to deliver high-quality communications to their various audiences. You will need to be a critical thinker and have a strong interest in media, culture and politics.
The Account Manager is responsible for the implementation of communication strategy in the following ways:
- Speaking with journalists and media representatives in preparation for press releases
- Write and distribute press releases
- Speech writing
- Planning and implementing the organization’s efforts to influence or change public policy
- Anticipating, analyzing and interpreting public opinion, attitudes and issues that might impact, for good or ill, the operations and plans of the organization.
- Copy writing and blogging for the web (internal or external sites)
- Crisis public relations strategies
- Social media promotions and responses to negative opinions online
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- A keen interest in media, culture and politics
- The aptitude to understand policy and procedure
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- At least 3 years previous experience in agency, journalism, media or PR
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and manage competing tasks, meet deadlines and achieve results in a dynamic environment