Full Job Description
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
- Competitive salary for a flexible 4 day a week role!
- Office located a 5 minute walk from North Ryde Station
- Great opportunity to apply your strong marketing and communications skills within an organisation that truly makes a difference in the lives of vulnerable Australians.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Foodbank is Australia's largest food relief organisation, providing 67 million meals a year to over 2,400 charities around the country. Foodbank is also the largest supporter of school breakfast programs in Australia, providing food for 1,750 schools nationally both directly and via programs run by other organisations. Over 100,000 students receive breakfast thanks to Foodbank, which provides 205,000 school breakfasts as week.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the General Manager of Marketing and Partnerships the Marketing and Communications Officer will be responsible for the coordination and management of marketing and the internal/external communications for the organisation. In this role you will use your strong relationship management skills to be the main reference and approval point for brand assets across the organisation.
Responsibilities in this role will include:
- Developing, monitoring and maintaining key messages across a federated structure
- Writing and coordinating the distribution of regular internal and external newsletters
- Maintaining the website by creating and uploading engaging content
- Act as secretariat for the Marketing and Fundraising Committee (MFC)
- Building upon current brand and cause awareness through multiple streams
- Developing and executing social media content through multiple channels
- Coordinating all media related activities that may include; developing relationships with key media contacts, maintaining media lists, drafting media releases, and undertaking media outreach on behalf of corporate partner programs and campaigns
- Develop and execute a marketing and communications plan that aligns to Foodbank’s overall strategy
- Contribute to the smooth running of the office and assist with general admin and support to the Marketing and Fundraising team.
To be successful it is important that you have:
- Significant experience and success in a similar marketing and/or communications position
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to self-manage
- Marketing and Communications degree or significant practical experience in related field
- Experience working in an environment where it is important to both take the lead and consult
- The ability to work, as well as drive collaboration and change, in a multi-stakeholder environment (i.e. a federation).
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Drive to grow with a passion for achieving targets
- Highly professional and articulate, with a genuine passion for the organisation
- Strong organisational and project management skills
Please apply for the Marketing and Communications Executive role with your resume and a cover letter outlining your achievements and reason for application.
If you require further information please contact Christina from Beaumont People on 02 9279 2777.