About the client:
The Waste Management Association of Australia (WMAA) is the only national not-for-profit membership organisation for the $14bn waste and resource recovery industry.
They offer a wide range of support services to their members, including advocacy, conferences and networking events, high-value information, learning and training.
About the role:
Administration Manager - Secretariat & Policy
WMAA are looking for an individual who has a strong understanding and working knowledge of policy, governance and secretariat duties to join there small collaborative team. Your experience will ideally be within a membership association or NFP.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide full secretarial support to the Board, State Branch and Divisions
- Research and analyse industry trends and data, in order to prepare evidence-based policy positions
- Prepare submissions either in response to Government or at WMAA’s initiation
- Support the CEO in advocacy on federal, state and local issues, write submissions, negotiate with senior regulators l
- Manage Board governance and the AGM
- Prepare and publish Annual Report
- Excellent secretarial skills including managing boards and committee, minute taking and preparing agenda
- Excellent written and verbal communications and problem-solving skills
- Excellent research and analysis skills and ability to prepare evidence-based policy positions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and advanced computer skills
- Experience within a Not for Profit organisation or government department is preferred but not essential
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships