Purpose of Position:
To provide day-to-day management, supervision and support of facilitators and admin support staff within the Centre for Dementia Learning in NSW and ACT. The role will plan, organise and monitor operations as well as creating and managing opportunities to extend its quality dementia education programs and consulting services through sound business development practices. The manager will work collaboratively and co-operatively with all staff within and across the organisation to maintain high quality development and delivery as well as contributing to the overall leadership of the Centre for Dementia Learning.
- Participate in the development of annual budgets, monitor income and expenditure and take appropriate and timely measures to address any variance in consultation with Director CDL.
- Provide direction, leadership as well as development opportunities for individual staff in the Centre for Dementia Learning team.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality, responsive and flexible consultancy and education programs to a range of sectors in line with organisational priorities including: Acute Care, Aged Care, Community Care and Primary Health Care
- Develop and maintain education program delivery capacity within the Centre for Dementia Learning team.
- Meet on a regular basis with the Director, Centre for Dementia Learning and other managers including attendance at CDL Ops Group meetings, and support and work co-operatively and collaboratively with them.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with community service providers and government departments in order to achieve the organisation’s objectives.
- In collaboration with the Regional Directors grow the level of income generated to achieve the agreed KPI’s through the consultancy and education work through both fee for service and government funded opportunities.
- Manage and monitor the achievement of both Fee for Service monthly targets and also contract KPI’s for funded programs. Manage the reporting against funded programs.
- Actively promote the range of consultancy and education services provided by the Centre for Dementia Learning including presentations at seminars and conferences.
- Work inclusively with other departments where appropriate or advantageous to implement or coordinate programs.
- Be prepared to travel both throughout NSW, ACT and interstate as required.
To be successful in this role you will have -
- Experience in management, leadership and development of staff
- Demonstrable experience in generating income and growing a business
- Experience in organisational change
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal presentation skills etc)
- Effective organisational skills, including an ability to prioritise workload demands and cope with pressure
- An empathy and concern for people living with dementia, their families, carers and the range of other people providing care and services to people with dementia
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
Also desirable but not essential experience in the provision and development of quality education and consultancy services
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed on receipt so please send your application ASAP if you are interested in this role.
If this sounds like the role for you please click ‘APPLY’ to send your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your experience and reason for application addressed to Sadie Kelly. Please feel free to call to discuss on 02 9093 4911