Diabetes NSW & ACT works proactively to improve the day-to-day lives of people living with diabetes. They aim to make things easier by educating carers, employers and the general public. Their mission is a life without the complication(s) of diabetes.
Formed on 27 July 1938, they are Australia’s largest member-based charity for people living with or at risk of diabetes and have been supporting people with diabetes, their families, carers and friends, for more than 75 years. Their priority is their health and well-being, so they can live their lives well – every step of the way.
Following a recent restructure, an opportunity exists for a part time Major Gifts Executive working 2-3 days per week on an initial 6 month contract managing and developing the existing major gifts portfolio.
- Implement strategies to identify, cultivate, and steward major donors and to solicit major donations
- Manage the appropriate stewardship of donors and funders
- Participate in solicitation of large gifts
- Reporting and acquittals for major donors and trusts and foundations
- Manage a contractor when required to produce high quality written grant applications
- Communicate sensitively with donors, especially those making in-memory donations
- Meeting projected income targets and monitor and report on income and expenditure
- Producing regular and ad hoc income reports for internal use
Skills & Attributes
- Demonstrated fundraising experience including the development, including an understanding of the implementation and administration of major donor and trusts and foundations programs
- Demonstrated success in generating funds from major donors and grants
- Experience in negotiations and making a financial ask
- Excellent interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, discretion, effective listening and demonstrated experience in cultivating and maintaining long-term supporter relationships
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively by telephone, in writing and in person to a diverse audience of internal and external stakeholders
This role sits out of their office in Glebe and joins a small team who are passionate, knowledgeable and committed to improving the lives of people living with Diabetes.