Taronga is one of Sydney’s original iconic institutions with a rich and diverse history and a very bright future. With Conservation Programs spanning Wildlife, Science & Research and Environmental Sustainability from our Oceans, Forests and the Savannah to the Australian Bush, the team at Taronga believe in a world that we can share, a world where all our wild species can make a comeback. And they believe that for this future to become a reality, one species must lead us there....ours.
We are currently seeking an experienced Major Gifts Fundraiser / Senior Relationship Manager to proactively engage, manage and develop relationships in order to solicitor major gifts to support Taronga’s varied and innovative major gifts portfolio. Working alongside an established, high performing and supportive team your key accountabilities will include:
- Identifying high net worth individuals with the capacity and interest to support Taronga’s work, develop and implement solicitations plans
- Developing and maintaining strong influential relationships industry groups, key supporter groups and critical stakeholders (internal and external)
- Ensuring written proposals are of the highest quality, develop tailored presentations specifically to meet the personal interests of donors
- Supporting the development and implementation of fundraising strategies for Taronga projects including income forecasts, cultivation action plans and event scheduling
- Managing and reporting against income and expenditure targets for your portfolio of donors
- Developing and maintaining excellent data management and income records across major donors
- Are a creative, outcomes focused individual with a warm and engaging style able to listen to and identify opportunities in line with the interests of others to create maximum opportunities for financial support
- Are an experienced Major Gifts professional or can demonstrate a minimum 5 years experience in relationship-based fundraising or commercial business development
- Enjoy working professionally and collaboratively to provide/receive support, information and services; and to ensure ongoing communication, professional working relationships, and a positive and productive team culture
- Seek to be empowered to make decisions within your role and demonstrate a high level of personal motivation
- Are curious, enjoy being creative and seek to add value by putting ideas forward that will help to enhance the achievement of organisational objectives
- Seek and apply the expertise of key individuals to achieve organisational outcomes, forming strong relationships with internal subject matter experts and stakeholders critical to your success in your role
Please apply online with a covering letter and resume outlining your interest and suitability. For more information call Janine Birch, Senior Consultant, Beaumont People in confidence on 02 9093 4911.