Experienced Major Donor fundraising professional required to develop and implement strategy and drive support from major donors for the Children’s Hospitals.
Full Job Description
- Work with an experienced and supportive fundraising team
- Competitive salary
- Excellent opportunity to take ownership of a growing portfolio
Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation (SCHF) is recognised as one of the most transparent and high-profile non-profit organisations in Australia and fundraises for the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network, encompassing the Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick; the Children’s Hospital at Westmead; Bear Cottage and Kids Research.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising and working with senior management this is your opportunity to develop and manage their major giving program through exercising strategic and tactical abilities.
The focus will be on acquisition and retention of supporters through cultivating relationships with major donors, developing personalised stewardship plans and working in consultation with Head of Fundraising to build and sustain a robust major gifts program.
This is a crucial role with huge potential proposals and manage portfolio of major gift prospects.
- Plan, coordinate and implement all CHW major gift initiatives
- In consultation with Head of Fundraising and Hospital Executive & Department Heads, develop a plan to grow major gifts team to secure funding and manage annual income and expenditure budgets
- Develop, build and manage donor journey program, delivering tailored communications across the team
- Develop strategic fundraising plan, providing evaluation and financial reports
- Cross team collaboration, developing strong relationships with all stakeholders across the department
- Provide strong leadership to all major gift campaign committees, overseeing design of preparation of major gift campaign materials, event and recognition.
- Strategic thinker with experience in developing and delivering strategies that have achieved significant growth in fundraising
- Demonstrated history of fundraising achievements including closing large major gifts
- Demonstrated understanding of major donor fundraising principles, techniques and strategies
- Demonstrated management experience with proven ability to meet or exceed targets
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to prioritise and manage workload to meet tight deadlines
- Evidence of innovation, creativity, initiative in the workplace
- Experience in acquisition, donor stewardship and supporter journeys
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills with proven creative innovative and flexible attributes.
- Proven ability to think strategically and act collaboratively to achieve results
Join a highly experienced, passionate fundraising team in a positive time of change in a supportive working environment. This role will primarily be based in their Westmead office, with travel to other Sydney based offices required. This role provides a truly unique and exciting opportunity to make a significant impact and would be perfect if you possess the following:
High standards of integrity, ethos, judgement and confidentiality and want to make a real difference to the lives of children in Australia!
Don’t delay! Please apply now through clicking through the link and should you have any questions please contact Janine on (02) 297 2777.